Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Parametric search, layouts and woocommerce

This support ticket is created 8 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by xavierC-2 8 years ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

Hi,

I use Layouts, Views and Woocommerce and I don't find a clear and precise tutorial about what I would like to achieve.

I would like to show the same way the product listing on :
- shop page,
- archive.

On Layouts : I use 4 columns for a sidebar where I would like to put my parametric search, and 8 rows for the results.

I'm able to display the products and the parametric field, but they seem disconnected : when I search/filter, with AJAX check nothing happen, when "refresh page" check I arrive on a page without layouts...

I'm lost !

I checked your demo site Real Estate, which is kind of similar issue for me :
hidden link

I downloaded the framework to see how you managed to achieve this and you only use Views, but it's with Bootstrap, which I don't use.

That's why I would like to use Layouts in order to have responsive properties.

How can I have one cell with the parametric search, one cell with the results (listing) and a third one with the map. What is the best practice to separate all that Views, but to have a nice result on a page with Layouts ?

Unfortunately I see many tutorials, but it's never with Layouts.

I apologize the delay here

1. That's why I would like to use Layouts in order to have responsive properties.

Layouts does not enrich your site with Bootstrap.
Actually it NEEDS a theme that is built with Bootstrap or, at least with Foundation.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/layouts-theme-integration/
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/layouts-getting-started-guide/

2. How can I have one cell with the parametric search, one cell with the results (listing) and a third one with the map. What is the best practice to separate all that Views, but to have a nice result on a page with Layouts ?

You can separate the Parametric Search and the View's results with the Layouts Cell "View".

The Process is outlined here:

- Create a layout, add a Views Cell
- Choose the type "Display the results as a parametric search"
- In the "Parametric Search Settings" choose your update options and "What do you want to display in this cel" choose the option "In other place on this same page"
- Create your Filter and save the Cell

- Create another Views Cell and choose "Complete the parametric search setup by inserting a cell for the results"
- Complete the Loop of this View
- Save the cell

This works fine with AJAX too.

Please let me know if the above solution works for you, I look forward to your reply!

Thank you for your patience.

I wasn't able to succeed. My parent theme is Genesis Framework, so I just took the Advanced Column plugin and it does the work.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.