Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Parametric Search is slow for large database

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here is that the user's parametric search is slow for their large site.

Solution:

To run the parametric search on large sites I would recommend following the instructions below.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/front-page-filters/how-to-use-views-parametric-search-on-large-sites/

This support ticket is created 4 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 4 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to: I am trying to build a Parametric search for Motorcycles exactly like this one: hidden link. My motorcycle database around 12,000 entries. It already works with AJax Search Pro (hidden link). It is loading too slowly with your solution.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: Here is a simple test I created: hidden link. It loads slowly, is sketchy and works once in a while.

I expected to see: I expect to build something that works like this hidden link.

Instead, I got: hidden link

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Troy,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Since you are using the search on such a large site I would recommend that you follow the instructions in our documentation below to help speed this up for you.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/front-page-filters/how-to-use-views-parametric-search-on-large-sites/

Thanks,
Shane

Those directions are not clear enough as it does not give real navigation to that window. How do I get there? The instructions mention when I'm adding a view these options become available. I added a view to a page and I saw no such options.

Also, on my filter, my select fields are not populating at all when I use the "AND" connector between fields.

Type control not working.jpg

When I select any control other then "Defined in Types" and choose "AND" as the connector, no field inputs populate the field group. Even if I choose text input (the native field), the search results come up empty. 20% of all functions on Toolset do not work.

Shane
Supporter

toolset-views-caching-settings.png

Hi Troy,

I must apologize for the delay in response.

Its quite possible that you have the option for to hide the field values if they won't generate any results. Since you are using an AND filter the field will auto adjust for this condition as well.

Also you will get a screen similar to the one in the screenshot when you are inserting the view onto the page.

Were you able to install a caching plugin as yet? I would recommend WP-Super Cache.

Thanks,
Shane

The cache helped. I will start another ticket for the filter problem.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Troy,

Great, we can now mark this one as resolved.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.