Skip Navigation

[Closed] Parametric search Checkboxes not working

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 11 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

This topic contains 30 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Adriano 10 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Adriano.

Author

Dear Adriano,

What do you mean by "space" perhaps you could type the code I should use here?

Kind regards.

Wakelen

Dear Wakelen,

I need to know if we have a problem with the spaces on display values, and I will need to create a item in our to do list to fix this. You can try to use "swimming_pool" with underline and lowecase in all display values.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

Dear Adriano,

No this doesn't work, it just displays the checkbox with swimming_pool which is not what I am after and the search brings up nothing?

Regards.

Wakelen

Dear Wakelen,

Did you remove the checkbox area?

Dear Adriano,

I had to remove the checkboxes because they didn't work and I had to put the site up live.

Perhaps you could just write down or show me in an image the correct way to get the checkboxes working.

Regards.

Wakelen

Dear Wakelen,

Let's try to do this in a Discover site. Dear Marion,
In order for us to help resolving the problem we need it to be reproduced on a test site. You are welcome to set a test site using our http://discover-wp.com system. You can set a test site there in few minutes, reproduce the problems and share with us the access details so we will be able to review it.

Here is a description for why and how to do this:
https://toolset.com/faq/how-and-why-to-create-a-test-site-in-discover-wp/

dear Adriano,

I have a test site already made up, this is where I got the idea for my search.

hidden link

Where you have the checkboxes for the bedrooms, I want this but for features, such as swimming pool. internet, garden etc. Now if I am correct, as this is your product it should be quite easy for you to write down and explain to me what I need to put in the search view to get these boxes to work and what I need to do for the custom fields on the the property posts.

I have fixed the searches for price etc copying the view on this real estate site, but as yet cannot figure how to search for the features, that is why I ask you, what would you do to make this work?

Regards.

Wakelen

Dear Wakelen,

Many thanks for creating the Discover site, it will help us to help with this doubt. Please let me know the credentials of its.

I will send the credentials in an email. so I will be needing your email address.

Dear Wakelen,

My apologies, please send to adriano.f@onthegosystems.com

Dear Adriano,

I sent you the credentials and have heard nothing since.

Please advise.

Regards.

Wakelen

Dear Wakelen,

My apologies for the delay. Can you resend it? I will check it now.

Dear Wakelen,

It sounds like a bug, so I passed to our developer team, they will check if it is or it is not a bug and you will be notified when it is solved. I will close this thread temporary, thank you for your understanding.

values.png

Dear Wakelen,

Check the site now, use the parameters of the attached image to test.

The problem was with the operator IN to URL parameters. It is recommend to use the "=" instead of "IN" when you are working with URL parameters, in special when you are working with checkbox fields (per example the Features).

The exception is when you are working with a select type (bedrooms), in this case it is recommend to use the "IN".

Dear Adriano,

I will check that out and let you know my results next week.

Many thannks.

Wakelen

The topic ‘[Closed] Parametric search Checkboxes not working’ is closed to new replies.