Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Parametric search checboxes uncheck themselves

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Parametric search filter with checkbox not working properly.

Solution:
The first thing you should try is to try to minimize the scope of the issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as switch to the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?

In this case, the issue was with the theme user were using. You can see the solution offered in the following reply.
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/parametric-search-checboxes-uncheck-themselves/#post-385602

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/front-page-filters/
https://toolset.com/2014/06/learn-build-flexible-parametric-searches/

This support ticket is created 8 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by stefanp 7 years, 12 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I am trying to use the parametric search using one of the 8 criteria

I visited this URL : hidden link

I expected to filter the first two checkboxes "Centre d'usinage à portique" and "Centre d'usinage 5 axes"

Instead, I got those two specific checkboxes to uncheck at once by themselves ; the other 5 checkboxes work fine though. I really don't get it.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Yes - it looks really strange issue.

1)
Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?

2)
Could you pleae activate WP_DEBUG and check for any possible errors and send it to me for review.

3)
*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

I tried to login to wp-admin but it's showing following error:

<em><u>hidden link</u></em> redirected you too many times.

Minesh
Supporter

We have just release BIG update for all Toolset plugins.
=> https://toolset.com/2016/04/toolset-2-0-unifies-menus-improves-usability-and-adds-new-features/

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
Could you please try to update your Views plugin to latest version 2.0 as well as ALL Toolset plugins to it's latest official release version. You can download latest Toolset plugins from:
=> https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

If your issue still persists - Please do not hesitate to get in touch with me.

Hello Minesh,

I did update the extension, but the problem remains.

Regards,

Minesh
Supporter

Now with new updates I can see new error on browser console.

Error: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: a[href=#scroll-top]

I think it's coming from your theme file. To check further - Could you please allow me to check with default theme + active/deactivate plugins?

Hi,

Sure, no problem, go ahead with the default theme, I want this issue to be resolved.

I noticed two new strange things
- the first two checkboxes I was having problems with are not displayed anymore
- the "reset" button acts like it is a "search" button instead

Minesh
Supporter

I checked with the default theme and I can see all checkboxes working.

Could you please check and confirm that it works with the default theme.

Please note: current theme is default theme [2016]

Hi,

I agree, it works as normal except that the first two checkboxes ("Centre d'usinage 5 axes" and "Centre d'usinage à portique") are not displayed anymore.

I also checked if some items were checked with these choices, and that is the case.

Could you look ino it, as to why those two specific checkboxes are not displayed ?

Minesh
Supporter

Could you please check now. It's showing all values.

Yes, it works. Can I put the child theme back on (so that I can check the error that you got within the debug console) ?

Minesh
Supporter

Yes - sure

Hello Minesh,

I just need one last piece of assistance if you don't mind : the "reset" button on the catalogue (hidden link) works the same as the "submit" button. Instead of resetting the parametric search, well it submits : you can use both buttons for the same job.

Could you look into it ? I left the wp_debug activated and deactivated most of the extensions.

Thanks a lot !

Minesh
Supporter

Glad to here that your original issue is resolved.

May I kindly ask you to open a new ticket for each new question. This will help other users searching on the forum. Thank you for understanding.

Sure, no problem, right away

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.