Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Parametric search and memory size?

This support ticket is created 8 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by mcjS 8 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

Does the function parametric search and search results requires a certain amount of memory?
I notice when I frequent "play" with the function of parametric seach: select fields on and off, and I want the search page with results next and previous, at one point the previous-next-pagination lock.
Where you then click on next or previus or the pagination, the website then does nothing more, it locks.
Is there anything I need to change in the website, or is there something the provider has to change in his (wordpress?) settings?

Thank you for contacting us here in the Support Forum

Your PHP settings should be enough.
With WPML we recommend a bit more than standard PHP MEM Limit, but seem to not use WPML.

Toolset should work just fine with your settings.

What I see is that you have relatively many Plugins running and this can cause issues, one plugin can eat up all MEM and then the next one is missing this MEM.

Anyway, to know if this what you experience is a actual memory issue, please turn on the WP Debug mode and reproduce the problem:
https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

I loaded your site from here, and noticed it has a bit long to charge.
It might be due to many factors, I can not tell why out of the box.

I was though not able to reproduce the "lock" issue.

What looks this exactly like?
Does it sort of "load too long" or actually crashes (white page of death?)

Another trick can be to add a Spinner to your Param Filters, this will then display a Spinner as long the query is running, helps to see if actually the View is still running or not.

Also, in Views > Development you have a debug option.
Turned on, it displays a query resume for your View, full with infos (also query time) for your View.

Please don't hesitate to inform me in case the issue persists

Thank you for your patience.

"I was though not able to reproduce the "lock" issue.
What looks this exactly like?"

When you made different selections, and the search is working fine, then on the results page it sometimes isn't possible anymore to click on next or previous of 1 of the pagination "bullets".

For instance there are 35 results and when you want to go to the next page, it is not possible.
When you go with the mouse over "next page" you even don't see an url below in the window (chrome)

I ask my client if he knows how to reproduce the problem, then I reply in this thread with an example.

pagination.jpg

My client has an example, and at my computer it is also going wrong at the same time, with the same situation:
- go to the website
- on the left, parametric search, select the first 5 items (merken)
- the result is 23 ads
- then go to the last page with the pagination-radio-button (I don’t know how to call it, see pagination.png image)
- so far so good, you see the last page
- then go to the second page with the pagination-radio-button
- nothing happened … you are not going to the second page, and if you want to go to the 3rd page (pagination) nothing happened
- this situation I call “lock”

How to solve this?

I can reproduce the problem.

Though, in Firefox I still see the URL that should be loaded, but it's locked, just as you describe.

What i see is a list of JS errors in the Console.

We must try basic debugging steps here:

Does the issue also persist with a WordPress Default Theme and NO Plugins BUT the Toolset Plugins?

If not, could you then re-enable the Plugins one after the other, and check the issue each time you enable a plugin?
Please report me when the issue comes back
It might also be due to the Theme.
Please do reactivate your Theme only after you are sure the issue isn't coming form a 3rd Party Plugin.

==> Please also try to avoid any Custom JavaScript in Views or Content templates for the test.

What tells you WP Debug?

Could you enable it shortly and then repeat the steps to see if some error is thrown?
https://codex.wordpress.org/WP_DEBUG

If above steps don't solve things and no errors are thrown I'll need a sites snapshot if possible.
We usually recommend the free Plugin "Duplicator" for this porpoise.

If you already know how Duplicator works
(http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/),
please skip the following steps and just send me the installer file and the zipped package you downloaded.

★ Duplicator Instructions
hidden link
Send me both files (you probably want to use DropBox, Google Drive, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big)

❌ IMPORTANT ❌
Remember to create or keep an admin account for me before creating the snapshot, or I won't be able to login. You may delete the new admin account once the snapshot has been built.

I will enable your next answer as private so you can provide me the information securely.

p.s. I don't want to update the access plugin, when I did that before, the function below a image, when uploading a file, the progress bar below every image, wasn't working anymore.

Thanks for the Details

Could you use a service like Google Drive or Dropbox to provide me the Dump?

Could you also try to update Types?

I am confused on the way you insert pagination.

Bullets pagination code looks like this:

[wpv-pager-nav-links ul_class="wpv_pagination_dots" li_class="wpv_pagination_dots_item" current_type="link"]

I can't find that code in your view.
But on the front end you have the bullets.

Where and how did you insert them?

Anyway i was also not able to reproduce a similar issue locally, therefore I would need a SnapShot if possible.

I updated types and in the loop output I have this coding

[wpv-pager-prev-page]Vorige[/wpv-pager-prev-page]
[wpv-pager-current-page style="link"]
[wpv-pager-next-page]Volgende[/wpv-pager-next-page]

I don't know anymore how i did this, it was a few months ago when i started with Toolset.
In the beginning I remember it was no problem.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Beda is on leave today. He will be back by tomorrow and he will try to get in touch with you as soon as possible.

Thanks for the Details

Please save the content of that View into a safe place and recreate it.

Pay attention that the paginations shall be inserted with the Wizard, and this are the only ones available:

[wpv-pagination] //opening tag

[wpv-pager-current-page] //display current page 

[wpv-pager-total-pages] //display total pages

[wpv-pager-prev-page] //begin pre link
[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]Previous[/wpml-string]
[/wpv-pager-prev-page] //end pre link

[wpv-pager-next-page] //begin next link
[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]Next[/wpml-string]
[/wpv-pager-next-page] //end next link

[wpv-pager-nav-links] //Navigation controls using links (where you can skip pages)

[wpv-pager-nav-links ul_class="wpv_pagination_dots" li_class="wpv_pagination_dots_item" current_type="link"] // Dots

[wpv-pager-nav-dropdown] //Dropdown

[/wpv-pagination] //Closing tag

The above are the available ones.

Please control your View and (my suggestions) quickly recreate it.
That should solve the issue.

I'm the parametric search and view setting up, from scratch. When it is ready, I let you know the result.
tnx for advice so far.

Cleaning up en start it all over, was the solution. TNX!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.