Skip Navigation

[Closed] Parametric Search Ajax refresh not working

This support ticket is created 8 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 8 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

I am trying to get my parametric search to update results via Ajax. I've tried both of the following settings:

-AJAX results update when visitors click on the search button (currently set)
-AJAX results update when visitors change any filter values

And neither seem to filter the products (Full page reload filters fine). I've looked in browser console and there are no errors displaying.

Test URL: hidden link

Click one of the checkboxes for the filter then click search and nothing happens.

Could someone look into this please?

Thank you for contacting us here in the Support Forum and for providing the Debug Informations

It would be good that you first update your Toolset to it's latest version. Can you do this please?

❌ Be sure to backup your database first before you proceed! ❌
⌥ You can use a plugin for this if you like.
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose.
See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

If then the issue persist, check if the issue also persist with a WordPress Default Theme and NO Plugins BUT the Toolset Plugins.

If not, could you then re-enable the Plugins one after the other, and check the issue each time you enable a plugin?
Please report me when the issue comes back
It might also be due to the Theme.
Please do reactivate your Theme only after you are sure the issue isn't coming form a 3rd Party Plugin.

In case this does not help, I suggest to quickly re-save the settings in your View, and make sure that the Filters are filtering by values actually assigned to your content.

Please don't hesitate to inform me in case the issue persists

Thank you for your patience.

I've updated Types, Views, WooCommerce Views & WooCommerce to their latest versions.

I've tested with only the above 4 plugins active on Twenty Fifteen Theme and the issue still persisted.

Digging deeper into this issue I'm looking in the Chrome Dev tools and can see the AJAX calls when the submit button is pressed.

The filter is actually working, the ajax call returns a filtered set of results however the response of the ajax call isn't being output to the page.

Thanks for the Details

I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site
- preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible -
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would, if possible, need access to a site where only a minimal set of Plugins and a default theme is active.
This to avoid eventual compatibility issues with other software.

✙ Please add the Links to:

- The Views Edit Screen

- The Page/Post where you insert the View

- The corresponding Front End Page/Screen

Please could you provide me the additional Infos?

Thank you for your patience.

The topic ‘[Closed] Parametric Search Ajax refresh not working’ is closed to new replies.