Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Parametric filter dropdown fails when content contains an ampersand (&)

This support ticket is created 7 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 7 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

This is a bug report. I already worked around it on my end. But it seems pretty serious so I figured I should report it.

Try this:

1. Create a custom post type with a custom single line input field called "region"
2. Make some records that include a region with an ampersand, e.g. 'USA & Europe'
3. Create a parametric search which has a dropdown filter on "region" and which updates via ajax

Result: If you select 'USA & Europe' you will get 0 results.

For example, look at this screenshot:
hidden link

Originally I was using the region name "Northern CA: No. & E Counties" and I would get zero results. I re-imported my data and used the label "Northern CA: No. and E counties" and now I get the proper results.

Here's what my views filter code looks like:
hidden link

If you want to see how the actual filter behaves, it's here, though you won't be able to reproduce the bug because I removed all my regions with &'s in the names.

hidden link

Dear canton,

Thanks for the details, I have been able to duplicate same problem, and put it into our to-do list, our developers will take care of it.

It is now in our to-do list of Views 2.3, our developers are working on it. you can get the updated news by subscribing to our blog:
https://toolset.com/blog/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.