Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Paragraph tags disappear after some time

This support ticket is created 5 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Shane 5 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Schermafbeelding 2019-02-28 om 14.20.02.png
Screenshot_2019-02-28 Nieuwsartikel Bewerken ‹ De Punt — WordPress.png

Hi

I made a website with the Toolset Layouts plugin. The site uses a child theme of Toolset Starter in combination with the classic editor.
Sometimes (depending on the page or article I'm editing or creating) when I use a break in a paragraph (while in the 'Visual' tab), it doesn't appear on the front-end. All of the paragraphs are being 'glued together' in one big paragraph. A paragraph only ends when a title or another element is introduced.

The articles/pages are being shown correctly when I put the paragraphs into <p>-tags manually, but in some cases they disappear again after a while.

Thanks in advance.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Jef,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

I would personally not recommend the continued use of our Toolset Starter theme as it is no longer supported.

However can you do a quick test for me by switching the theme and disabling the non-toolset plugins just to see if the issue still remains ?

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane

Thanks for you reply. Are there any blank themes that work the same way as Toolset Starter did?

I've made a copy of the site, tried another theme and disabled all of the non-Toolset plugins, but the problem still occurs.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jef,

Unforutnately not there isn't a blank theme that does the same as the toolset starter theme.

If you are still getting the issue as you say then you can try using this shortcode below.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-shortcodes/#vf-325519

It should generate the auto paragraphs for you. Also please check on your content templates that auto paragraphs isn't disabled.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane

I tried to add this code, but it didn't change anything about the articles or pages.

It has something to do with the Layouts plugin, the paragraphs reappear when I disable it.
I can't change anything about the automatic paragraphs since I use the 'Post Content' block. Or is there a setting for this too?

Thanks in advance.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jef,

Would you mind allowing me to have access to the site so that I can just check on this for you ?

The private fields can be enabled for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane

I'd like to give you access to the copy of the site.
I've made a debug-user for you, but the private fields for this reply don't show up.

Thanks in advance.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jef,

Here are the private fields.

Hi, Shane is out today and will return tomorrow to continue assisting you.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jef,

I think the issue is being caused by the Gutenberg editor.

I dont want to disable the editor on this page since it may cause data loss.

Could you try this and let me know , I would recommend backing up the information.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane

Thanks for your reply.

I only activated the Gutenberg editor to test if the problem was caused by the classic editor (plugin). I've tried to enable the classic editor again, but that didn't change anything.

Feel free to change whatever you want on this site, it's a copy after all. This version only exists so we can find out what the cause of this problem is. The real version of this site remains unaffected by our changes.

Thanks in advance.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jef,

Just an update here.

It seems something is removing the auto line breaks in terms of the p tags.

Still running tests on this.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jef,

This is another strange issue. It can be an issue isolated to this post only.

It seems when I add the same content to another page the auto line breaks are added. I cannot pinpoint why this is occurring but deleting and remaking the post can cause you to workaround this issue.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.