Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Pagination options (ajax) not working well with Beaver Builder?

This support ticket is created 7 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Mohammed 6 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 10.34.39 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 10.34.16 AM.png

I am trying to: create a Membership Directory with Toolset.
- everything has worked fine to this point: create CPT, Field Group for CPT; create CRED forms for submitting and editing Directory Profile information; used Views and Content Templates to create front-end display of each Profile, combined with a Beaver Builder module for the display style.
- I chose various options for pagination with AJAX, most recently "infinite scrolling"

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: scroll to bottom, new selection of 'profiles' added as per the pagination option - and added with the same styled output from Beaver Builder module as the originals.

Instead, I got: any ajax call does not add new Profiles with the Beaver Builder module styles, it ignores it.

I had originally used normal numbering pagination, but with AJAX, and the same issue would occur - the new page of results would lose all of the Beaver Builder styles.

I thought Toolset was fully integrated with Beaver Builder, and to this point I have been able to make the two work together quite nicely. This is a major glitch that I need to resolve, hoping you can help.

for reference, i created a second page with a similar View, but changed the pagination to be manual with required refreshing of the page - this is the only way i can get a new set of results that retain the Beaver Builder module style. hidden link

Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 11.28.01 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 11.27.39 AM.png

sorry to make this long. but i found another issue on the secondary version of the Directory I made:

hidden link

On this Directory, I used a similar view with different pagination - I added a custom search filter, which would filter the results by the custom field "genre".

However, without even selecting an option from the genre dropdown - I only clicked one of the advanced page numbers of results - I was given an empty page with message "no items found". (screenshots attached before/after)

I have gone back through the tutorials to find what i am doing wrong in pagination and can't find anything. I don't understand why this won't work for me either? Seems simple enough. The numbered pagination works on its own, but when i add a custom search filter it can no longer paginate?

sorry i know this is two different questions, but related to the same need i guess.

I just found this excerpt when reviewing a guide on Custom Search Form.

"Shortcodes from 3rd party plugins (for example, Visual Composer) will not work properly when any type of AJAX call is used inside Content Templates, Views, and WordPress Archives. This includes AJAX pagination and custom search."

so I guess that answers my first problem. Is there any plan to resolve this issue?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Glen

The ajax problem relates to page builders which use shortcodes or similar means to perform their magic and how this functionality is registered (which is, naturally, outside of our control).

Visual Composer shortcodes, for example, are registered on page load. When you use Views to update the page using ajax, the registration of the page builder shortcodes is lost and so the updated content prints the unparsed shortcodes to the page. The shortcodes need to be re-registered, but they are only registered on page load, which means that the page must be reloaded for them to work and updating the content with ajax fails to render correctly.

Any other plugin which updates the content area via ajax would be in a similar position of losing the page builder formatting.

There may be an internal function which can be used to re-initialise Beaver Builder on the page after an ajax update—you would have to ask Beaver Builder for details—and if so we could trigger when the page is updated with ajax after pagination or a custom search filter is changed.

I'm going to see if I can reproduce the second problem, I'll get back to you if I need more details.

Nigel
Supporter

Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 12.12.38.png

Hi Glen

The second issue is straightforward.

For the empty state of your Genre filter you have set an option with display "N/A" and value="not-applicable".

That is not empty, so when you try the pagination controls to move to another page it is also applying the filter "genre equals not-applicable" to the query.

In the browser console for that option I changed it to value="" and I was then able to use the pagination controls (see screenshot).

So where you have added that filter and set the N/A option value to "not-applicable" you need to change that to just an empty string.

thank you Nigel.

however, i'm not sure how to change that? When I set up the filter, I added a new filter-by control, chose a custom field from my field group (genre), and let input type be "as defined by Types", with a comparison function of "=".

I don't see anywhere for me to actually change the value of the option, as all i get is the shortcode, not the actual form options??

This seems like it should be simple but its not working for me at all. I am guessing I need to wait for more help.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Glen

The empty option is coming from where you defined the custom field in the Genre field group (Views is inheriting the details).

So you need to edit the custom field settings itself.

Where you have your "N/A" option delete the value you currently have so that it is an empty string.

That should be all you need, but if you still have problems, let me know.

thx. I realized actually that I couldn't do that - I need "N/A" to be an actual value like the other options ("not applicable") - so i figured out that when building my search filter, to not use the default option of "as defined by types" but instead to make the option a "select" option, and then leave the value blank. This accomplished what you were talking about.

Hi Glen,

I'm Mohammed, the Toolset support team leader.

I'd like to thank you for your feedback and wanted to notify you that we have supporters in almost all timezones.

If you are in the American time zone, you can assign your tickets to Shane or Christian, and Luo and Noman for the Asian time zone and finally, Nigel , Beda and Minesh for the European time zone.

So, you can assign the ticket to the one who fits your time zone to get faster replies.

Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.