Skip Navigation

[Resolved] pagination in WordPress archive

This support ticket is created 8 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 7 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

nuZ

Hi,
I am trying to insert page NUMBER links in a WordPress Archive View in order to display the search result. (I'm not using the parametric search provided by ToolSet)

I visited this URL: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/archive-pagination/

If I understand correctly the response of Beda : It's not possible to insert pagination with page numbers in Archive, am I correct? Thanks.

Dear Nuz,

Yes, you are right, the pagination in WordPress archive is defined by your theme files, for example in wordpress default theme 2016, file archive.php, line 47~42:

// Previous/next page navigation.
			the_posts_pagination( array(
				'prev_text'          => __( 'Previous page', 'twentysixteen' ),
				'next_text'          => __( 'Next page', 'twentysixteen' ),
				'before_page_number' => '<span class="meta-nav screen-reader-text">' . __( 'Page', 'twentysixteen' ) . ' </span>',
			) );

Above codes is for outputting pagination.

But you can customize it with PHP codes, please check wordpress document:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/the_posts_pagination
Parameters
mid_size (int) - How many page numbers to display to either side of the current page. Defaults to 1.

For your reference.

nuZ
Genesis_settings.PNG

Thanks for your reply!
However I'm using Genesis Theme Framework and I have already set the 'Entry Pagination' to 'Numeric' in the Genesis Theme Settings (cf. attachement) but I still can't get the numeric pagination in the search result page.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

It is out the range of Toolset, I suggest you contact the author of Genesis Theme Framework for it, and I just searched it in google, find some related links for your reference:
hidden link

nuZ

Dear team,

Sorry for my late reply. I contacted the theme support and it turns out that this issue should be related to Toolset Layouts setting. Because:

For the category archive, when I disable the the link with Layouts plugin, the pagination immediately becomes numeric, which is controlled by the layout setting. you can find this from this url: hidden link

However, since the search page in controlled by the Layouts, the pagination still shows the older / newer page. an example is here: hidden link

Is there any setting we can make in Layouts to inherit the theme pagination setting?

The theme we use is Genesis - Altitude Pro Theme. Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Nu

134.JPG

Thanks for the details, please check our document:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/layouts-genesis-integration/
There is a built-in cell "Post Navigation — pagination controls on archive pages", and it support NUMBER links, I suggest you put it into your archive layout, and test again. see screenshot 134.JPG

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.