Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Paginate the results of a view displaying a CPT taxonomy

This support ticket is created 7 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 7 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to: get pagination links to appear underneath posts when a limit is set to display only 6 per page.

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: view displaying 6 posts, with "Next" link on first page that links to next 6 posts. Then display Previous and Next links on other pages.

Instead, I got: just the 6 posts showing, in the View editor I don't see the option to add the pagination shortcodes I've seen in the past. Is this something that can be accomplished for Views displaying taxonomies?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Heather,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

This could be occurring because you may have the pagination settings disabled.

To enable it, scroll to the top of your view and click on "Screen Options" from here you should be able to see the pagination settings.

Once you have enabled this then you should see your pagination buttons appearing on the view Loop Wizard so that you can add the pagination to the view.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Thanks for that info!

I did have those settings turned off. Once I turned those back on I inserted them into the filter editor and they don't actually display on the view.

I added them in between the [wpv-filter-controls] shortcodes. Am I supposed to be placing these elsewhere?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Heather,

Would you mind providing me with admin access to your website so that I can have a look.

The private fields will be enabled for next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Heather,

Thank you for the credentials.

Thats strange if I choose 4 it works.

There might be a plugin conflict here.

Would you mind temporarily disabling all your non-toolset plugins and try again ?

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Hmm that's strange - I deactivated all of the plugins on the site except for the Toolset ones and the pagination still doesn't show up for me when I toggle the number of posts to 6

Shane
Supporter

Hi Heather,

Another thing that you can do is to try recreating the view from scratch.

Sometimes corrupt settings may be the root cause of the issue.

Please try this and let me know. If this doesn't work then I will need to do some more advanced debugging.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.