Skip Navigation

[Resolved] PageSpeed Issue: Excessive DOM size from MAP

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.32 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I have this client website which is using Toolset Types, Views and Maps. Of course it is incurring in a number of performance issues which are addressed quite good by WPRocket. There is an issue, anyway, from the home page excessive DOM size: almost 14.000 nodes elements and more than 10.000 are records plotted on a google map. Is there any way to improve the situation?

Thanks

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

When you say more than 10.000 records plotted on a google map, this is really too much. I would say the issue is how you are displaying the content there is no issue from the Toolset. Even we do not recommend to display more than 100-500 records on the single page as eventually, it will affect the performance and the performance will involve many things like ( how good are your server resources, caching, memory etc..etc..)

I strongly suggest that you should use pagination to display the smaller amount of records on your page otherwise we do not have any recommendation if you would like to go with to display 10.000 records plotted on a google map.

Actually the number of recirds is around 1500. The dom analyzer states that the map holds around 10.000 dom elements.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Yes - I even agree on that but as I shared my feedback with the previous reply that:

Even we do not recommend to display more than 100-500 records on the single page as eventually, it will affect the performance and the performance will involve many things like ( how good are your server resources, caching, memory etc..etc..)

I wonder where exactly Toolset help you to resolve this issue. If you can check with Dom experts and share from where exactly the issue coming from Toolset we are happy to check this issue further.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.