Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Page not found for child term of custom hierarchical taxonomy

This support ticket is created 4 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by martinE-4 4 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I have created a toolset archive for a custom taxonomy which is hierarchical. Only the parent terms show up on my archive page? The child terms produce a page not found?

Hello,

The problem you mentioned above is abnormal, please check these:

1) Dashboard-> Settings-> Permalink, choose one of "Common Settings", save and test again. This will reset your website rewrite rule.

2) In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate all other plugins, and switch to wordpress default theme 2020, deactivate all custom PHP code snippets, and test again

3) If the problem still persists, please provide database dump file(ZIP file) of your website, also point out the problem page URL, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Thanks for the details, I am downloading the files, will update here if there is anything found

Please try this:
Dashboard-> Toolset-> Taxonomies, find and edit taxonomy "ASC!":
In section "Options", enable option "query_var", save and test again.

More help:
https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/register_taxonomy
query_var
(boolean or string) (optional) False to disable the query_var, set as string to use custom query_var instead of default which is $taxonomy, the taxonomy's "name". True is not seen as a valid entry and will result in 404 issues.

Ok, works perfectly now!

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.