Skip Navigation

[Closed] Page Break block doesn't work properly.

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Hi Toolset,

We're trying to make it so articles can be broken into multiple pages using the Page Break block in Gutenberg. Unfortunately while it does built pagination, it doesn't actually break up the page. It just creates a page 2 with the exact same content.

When we turn off Toolset, it works fine, so we're assuming we need to do something in Toolset to fix things. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Hello, let me escalate this to my 2nd tier support team. I'm able to replicate the issue on my own local test site, so I'm asking for some feedback. It might be required to use one specific field type to display paginated contents, or it might be an oversight in the plugin development. I'll let you know what I find out. In the meantime, I don't have a simple workaround available. If that becomes available I'll let you know as soon as possible.

I received some feedback from my 2nd tier team, and it turns out page breaks inside posts were not supported before Gutenberg, and the developers explicitly stated that they did not expect to support them. Now that the Blocks Editor is out, and template design has been rebuilt, we could submit this as a feature request and ask the developers to reconsider that. Unfortunately I don't know if they would decide to pick up that feature request and implement it. Even if they do, I don't expect it would be completed in a very reasonable time frame for your current project. So if you'd like to see this implemented in the future, I'll be glad to submit that request. Otherwise, it's probably not practical for you to wait for this feature to be developed for a project that is currently underway. A more practical solution would be to use a hierarchical post type, split the post content into two posts (one parent post and one child post in the hierarchy) and "fake" pagination using links between the parent and child post, created manually with HTML. Let me know how you would like to proceed.

The topic ‘[Closed] Page Break block doesn't work properly.’ is closed to new replies.