Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Output single post images uploaded with Types custom field group within VC Grid

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Brent Urbanski 4 years, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Beda.

Author

I’d like to know if it’s possible to output imagery uploaded to a Toolset Types custom post custom field within Visual Composer Post Masonry Grid. Can this be done? I see there is a ‘custom query’ option within the grid’s data source settings. Maybe a custom query would output these images into a VC grid?

I’m able to output the custom field’s imagery in list form on a single page using types short code within a VC text filed. But I can't figure out how to output this imagery into a custom post grid. Do you have any suggestions?

Hi, Brent.

I am not so familiar with the Visual Composer Post Masonry Grid.
Mainly I am working with Toolset and PHP.

I think, but I am not sure, you should be able to somewhere define (in the WP Backend) either with ShortCodes or settings, what Image to use for the Grid, right?

If this is not possible anywhere, how does that Plugin generate the Grid and populate it with Images?
There should be a setting somewhere, where you eventually can choose the Types Custom Image Field as the source.

What also is a possibility, if you need to edit Code to make this work, is to use the Types API:
https://toolset.com/documentation/customizing-sites-using-php/functions/

This can help to populate variables or echo the Fields created with Types, using PHP.

Please let me know if I can help you further.
Maybe a link to the Plugin you use, and instructions to follow, would then help to provide you a better support experience.

Screen Shot 2017-03-14 at 10.13.34 PM.png

Hi Beda,

Thank you for your reply and offering to help.

I tried entering the php you directed me to within the VC Post Masonry Grid element, but I don't believe I'm using this custom query field properly (please see attached screen grab).

Also, here is a link to the document VC support directed me to for adding filters to the grid builder. Unfortunately, I don't now how to use them. hidden link

These pages help describe Visual Composer's grid builder tools...
hidden link
hidden link

I think in that section you cannot add PHP.
I assume it's intended for an SQL Query, which we do not assist.

Related to how to use VC Code and ShortCode API, is something you should ask their support about.

I am afraid I cannot help here.

Toolset will allow you to show the Fields either with our ShortCodes or with the API.
Further customization would require either the assistance of the 3rd party or Custom Code.
For this, we also recommend Certified Partners:
https://toolset.com/consultant/

You will get the custom assistance you need to get on with your project.

Hi Beda,

I really appreciate your assistance on this topic.

I will reach out to VC or hire a developer, as you suggested.

Cheers,
Brent