Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Order by post date not working

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

Post Order not working.

Solution:
In this users case it was actually a plugin conflict with the Post Order plugin.
What I recommend that you do is if you have this plugin installed is to remove it as it will override the ordering of our Views plugin.

This support ticket is created 5 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jernej Kozole 5 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
print-screen.jpg

I am trying to:
I have a custom post type and want to call a view ordered by post date, but it is not ordering the way it should.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
All the posts listed by date.

Instead, I got:
Unknown list.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Disabling the Post Types Order plugin should restore the correct ordering for the view.

Thanks,
Shane

I disabled&delted the plugin, it's not needed. But it is still not sorting the right way.

Any other ideas?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

It could be some other plugin interfering.

Could you temporarily disable all the non-toolset plugins and check again to see if the sort is working correctly now ?

Thanks,
Shane

Sorry for the late answer. I disabled all the plugins, except the toolset and WPML plugins but it still does not work.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.