Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Order by custom field

This support ticket is created 4 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 21 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 4 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi
hidden link
this field is custom but order is according published posts.
Can you please help me .

And Can we call view in another view ?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Amber,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Sorting by a custom field should work unless you have another plugin installed that would override the sorting of the view.

For this I would recommend disabling all the non-toolset plugins and trying again.

Also yes you can have nested views. Have a look at the link below for more information.

https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views/using-a-child-view-in-a-taxonomy-view-layout/

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

I disabled still not showing can you check please

Can you please reply me ASAP I have launch of site today its very very urgent.

And I got another problem too with tooset my postname permalink not working but only plain text permalink working.

PLEASE REPLY ATLEAST

Shane
Supporter

Hi Amber,

Could you provide me with admin access to the website as well as a link to the view so that I can have a look at this for you.

Thanks,
Shane

Are you there I am waiting please.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Amber,

I took a look at this for you but I'm not seeing on the homepage where any view is being used.

At first I thought it was this view here
hidden link

I made some changes to the view and saved the page but nothing was being changed on the frontend.

Could you let me know how the homepage is created as there is no clear way to go to the edit page that would show me the page's template.

Also it should be noted that the forums are generally closed on weekends.

Thanks,
Shane

Yes I changed home page code to my code you can create new page with your view and give me its link.
I will check.

and reply for this question too
And I got another problem too with tooset my postname permalink not working but only plain text permalink working.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Amber,

There is definitely something wrong with the homepage because when i added that same view to the page below.
hidden link

The view is sorted correctly.

Where is your post links not working correctly?

Thanks,
Shane

No On home page now listing in correct order that is correct not toolset view because we need to sort fields by issue_date custom field. Anyway leave this I sorted this with queries can you check why my postname permalink not working with this plugin there is some confliction by using this plugin. Please check.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Amber,

For clarity could you provide a screenshot of the area where the postname permalinks are not work ?

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.