Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Option missing to choose from inserting views search form, search results or both

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 3 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hi, I have a text search bar which I place on the homepage of my site which opens the results in a seperate view. I have just started creating a new staging site however when insert the view (with the text search) onto the page I no longer get the 'Custom Search' options which I used to. I'm not sure if I've configured something incorrectly but this means I can no longer specify to display just the search bar and to open the results in the alternative view.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Nick,

Thank you for waiting.

During testing on my own website, I was able to reproduce this issue and the "Custom Search" tab in the "Toolset View" widget in Elementor is no longer accessible, even if the view includes the search fields.

I've shared these findings with the concerned team for further review and will keep you updated through this ticket.

We appreciate you brought this forward and for now, you can use workaround of view's shortcodes, as discussed in our chat.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Nick,

I'd like to update that a fix for the missing "Custom Search" tab issue, has been included in the latest Blocks/Views releases.

You're welcome to update to the most recent Toolset plugins versions and let us know in case the issue still persists.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.