Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Option for link lookup for URL type field

This support ticket is created 5 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.30 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by davidM-17 5 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

Hi Toolset Team,

When you use the anchor button in the classic editor you can type a URL and it will AJAX look for that URL in your site. If you look at many of the popular plugins for Beaver Builder for instance, where you can add a link to an icon, there is the same type of functionality.

The Types URL field does not have that option, it would be convenient if it did.

Please let me know if you need more information. Thank you for your consideration.

Best regards,

David McCan

Thanks, it's clear what you want.

I forwarded this request but we will have to wait for:
- more users wanting this
- the last word of our developers in regard.

I think this should not be a bug deal as WordPress probably offers that AJAX GUI to be used elsewhere, so we can eventually re-use that in our fields.

I will not update you here on the progress of the request, unless you explicitly want me to, please let me know.

Otherwise you'd see the changes once applied in both the plugin and our changelog.

Thanks Beda. Hope you have a good week.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.