Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Only some of the admin icons are displayed

This support ticket is created 7 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 7 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
toolset admin area icons.png

When working in the admin areas of Toolset only some of the icons are shown. In many cases I just see a square.

Any thoughts on what I need to do to see the missing icons?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Nic,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

What I would recommend that you do is to temporarily disable all your toolset plugins temporarily and check again to see if the icons display.

Please let me know the results of this test as soon as possible.
Thanks,
Shane

I did as you suggested and disabled all of the Toolset plugins. I had thought this was a strange request as if all the plug-ins are disabled how will I see them in the admin menu. When I re-enabled them the icons still did not display. Just like the screenshot I sent.

Just to be clear...the icons are not on the front end of the site, they are in the admin area.

Any help to get them to show would be much appreciated.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Nic,

Thats strange and i'm not exactly sure why this is occurring.

Would it be possible for you to provide me with admin access to have a look at the site through the backend ?

There might be some error in the console that can give a clue to why this issue is occurring.

The private fields have been enabled for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Nic,

Thank you for the credentials.

Would it be possible for you to quickly switch the theme temporarily to see if the icons start showing up ?

Sometimes css conflicts can cause this issue.

Please let me know as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Shane

Well that's weird...I had no idea that a theme could have an impact on what I see in the admin area.

I have changed the theme to one of the default WP themes and I can now see all of the Toolset icons in the admin area.

There is one reason that I can think of that might be causing this. I have my content stored in a non-default folder name. There is at least one thing in the theme that is not working, probably because of the non-default folder, so I was planning to change the folder name back to wp-content. Major bummer as I've got a ton of content added already so there will be a lot of URL's that need changed.

Once I've reverted back to the original folder name I'll check the Toolst icons to see if they are being displayed and repot back.

Thanks.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Nic,

Happy to see it works.

Once you have performed the test, please let me know the results.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

I have now reverted back to the default folder name of wp-content and sadly the icons are still not showing in the Toolset admin area.

It's strange that some are showing and others are not. Any other thoughts?

Nic.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Nic,

In order to find the issue I would need to go through your theme's css file.

Would it be possible to provide a copy of the theme so I can do some investigating ?

I'll be enabling the private fields so that you can provide me with the theme.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Evan,

I'll download the theme through FTP.

This may take some time because i would need to go through the theme's css to find the issue.

Once i find anything i'll let you know.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Evan,

I took a look at the theme but wasn't able to find what was causing the problem 🙁

The css for this theme is actually quite complex. What I would recommend that you do is to contact the support for the theme and see if they can assist us with this 🙂

Thanks,
Shane

Hey Shane,

Who's Evan?

🙂 It's OK...I know that you'll message 100's of people every day.

I am happy to create a support ticket with the theme authors, however I would be shocked if they would want to help solve a problem with a third-party plugin that isn't affecting they way their theme functions.

I appreciate you looking at it for me. I'll let you know what they say.

Thanks.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Nic,

Sorry about that 🙂 you are right I do handle a lot of customers each day and it can get quite busy 🙂

It would be enough if they could just point us in the right direction of where to look 🙂

Keep me posted.

Thanks,
Shane

I've been doing a little more investigateing and while you've probably seen the same, I thought it was worth posting.

On the Edit WordPress Archives page:

On this element "Loop Wizard":

<i class="icon-th fa fa-th">

In the CSS inspector I disabled:
.fa-th:before
content: "\f00a";

hidden link

Which meant that this, which was underneath the previous CSS, then displayed the icon:
.icon-th:before
content: '\e916';

http:// hidden link

Same with this element "Media":

<i class="icon-picture fa fa-picture-o">

.fa-photo:before, .fa-image:before, .fa-picture-o:before
content: "\f03e";

However this one "Content Template":

<i class="icon-paste fa fa-clipboard">

.fa-paste:before, .fa-clipboard:before
content: "\f0ea";

Doesn't have an alternative in the CSS so there was nothing to disable.

The icons that are displaying "Pagination Controls" and "Field and Views", the first is a PNG image file and the second is coming from:

Not sure if it will help, however I did find this topic and thought it was worth mentioning:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/font-awesome-conflict-between-views-1-11-1-and-the-salient-theme/

Shane
Supporter

Hi Nic,

I made this observation as well.

It could be a script or css import in your theme that is overwriting what we have with something different or it may not even be related to css.

If i'm not able to figure out whats wrong you don't need to worry as I can just escalate your ticket to our 2nd tier supports for further debugging.

Has the theme support responded as yet ?

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.