Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Only one slider working on a page

This support ticket is created 5 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by davidR-12 5 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I have a page here (Password Europa-808):

hidden link

In the sidebar are 3 views set to work as sliders but only the first one is working. The second and third load the first image but do not slide.

Regards,

David

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi David

I just tested adding two Views sliders as widgets on a vanilla site using twentynineteen and it worked as expected, and I also tested inserting two slider Views directly in the page, and they also both worked together.

I suspect your set-up involves something other than normal WordPress widgets and sidebars.

Can you clarify how you are making the page and adding the slider Views?

Hi Nigel,

The slider views are added in the WordPress widget area using the default WP views widgets provided by the Views plugin. The main page is made using Elementor Pro. There are no JS errors being reported in the console.

Did you add 2 of the same slider views?

Regards,

David

Nigel
Supporter

OK, I re-tested, and inserted the exact same slider View multiple times as widgets, and in that case, yes, the slider works only in the first widget.

But am I missing something?

You want to reproduce the exact same slider multiple times in the same sidebar?

It worked when I made variants of the same View, to use different ordering, for example.

Hi Nigel,

The slider views are set to display random images so each slider will be displaying a different image at any given moment. Why cant I have the same slider view 3 times? What is stopping the functionality?

Regards,

David

Nigel
Supporter

Hi David

Thanks for clarifying.

I've confirmed the issue and escalated it so that it can be reviewed by the developers.

I'll let you know when they have an update.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi David

Just a quick update to say that I see there is already an old internal ticket about this.

Because of how Views are implemented it would require a fairly major refactor of the code to be able to use the exact same View more than once on the same page. It is something that is still open, but I would suggest you should not expect a fix for this any time soon.

For now, you would need to make separate Views, even if they are duplicates of each other.

I think we might as well close this as I don't expect to have any other news for you for some time.

Thanks Nigel, I understand. Mildly annoying but not really an issue.

Regards,

David

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.