Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Only display results after submit button has been clicked

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by romanB-3 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hi,
When first loading my archive view, the results are displayed. I'd like the results only to display AFTER the user have clicked the submit button.
How could I do this ?
Thank you.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

As there is no built-in feature/control available for this, it will require some workaround.

To suggest the best way forward, I'll need to see how this archive view is set up in the admin area.

Can you please share temporary admin login details, along with the link to a page where this archive can be seen?

Note: Your next reply will be private and please make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the admin access.

To achieve this, you can wrap the entire content of the [wpv-items-found] ... [/wpv-items-found] (in "Loop Editor"), inside a condition that checks for the existence of the query parameter "wpv_view_count". This query parameter is added, whenever the results are updated through any search filter.

Example:

[wpv-items-found]
[wpv-conditional if="( '[wpv-search-term param="wpv_view_count"]' ne '' )"]

[/wpv-conditional]
[/wpv-items-found]

Related links:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views/views-shortcodes/#wpv-search-term
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views/conditional-html-output-in-views/using-shortcodes-in-conditions/

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

Hello and thank you,
Works great now !
Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.