Skip Navigation

[Resolved] One to many relationship

This support ticket is created 3 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 3 years ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hello,

How to create a dummy field? What is best way and easier?

Best regards,

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

When I say dummy field, actually, it will be a actual field that should be added to your child post type that should hold the same value that is saved to your parent post custom field.

More info:
=> https://toolset.com/course-lesson/creating-custom-fields

Hello,

The problem is I have many children and you have to save the parent's data. It is a lot of work to save the data from the parent to the childs.

Best regards,

Minesh
Supporter

I understand but there is no other solution available.

If you can share working admin access details and problem URL let me see if I can able to share any other workaround. As the old access details you shared is not working at this end.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Hello,

Can you tell me exactly the name of the method of functions where the custom filters are made, we want to know how to create a new custom filter for the children that is related to the parent (using code).

Best regards,

Minesh
Supporter

You need to add the custom field to your child post type and make sure you automatically fill the related value that is saved to parent.

Then, to your child view, you do not need to add any filter but you can add normal GUI filter from your view's search area and add the filter there.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.