Skip Navigation

[Resolved] One of the PLugins is causing an admin js bug on the Post Edit screen

This support ticket is created 4 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Paul,

Not sure why you marked this ticket as resolved while its still under investigation.

I was eventually able to see the issue, however on a fresh install im not able to replicate.

Since the issue is still there on duplicator when the server is switched then i can escalate the issue.

This is due process to avoid the back and forth with the 2nd tier and developers.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

HI Paul,

I've got some more information.

Now i've identified the root cause. I've isolated the issue to just our plugins with the child theme. I notice that using the Parent theme the issue isn't present, nor using a default wordpress theme the issue is no longer there as well.

The next thing that was done was to remove all the hooks from the functions.php file. (issue wasn't there)

Finally I re-added them one by one to see if the error would come back but it was there.

What I started to do next was to de-activate your plugins one by one. Eventually I was able to find that the issue was with the Smush Pro plugin.

I then moved the smush it plugin a fresh install and I was able to see the issue there. This is now something that I can point to our team to fix and investigate as the conflict is identified between Views and Smush it.

I went ahead and escalated the issue to our 2nd tier supporters for further debugging.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Paul,

There has been a solution that was shared on the plugin's github and can be found here.
hidden link

Please try this solution and let me know if it helps.
Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.