Skip Navigation

[Resolved] One of the PLugins is causing an admin js bug on the Post Edit screen

This support ticket is created 4 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 4 years ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi there,

One of the toolset plugins is causing a bug in the Post Edit screen. :

TypeError: this._setOptionDisabled is not a function jquery.fancytree.ui-deps.js:449:8
jQuery 22
initDialogs toolset-shortcode.js:537
init toolset-shortcode.js:1774
shortcodeManager toolset-shortcode.js:1919
<anonymous> toolset-shortcode.js:1924
jQuery 4

THis is happening across multiple sites with various plugin setups so it IS DEFINATEY a bug in the latest Toolset releases- I'm gusessing not liking a WordPress update. / js update

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Paul,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Would you mind allowing me to have a copy of one of the sites that is experiencing the issue ?

Or you can also allow me to log in and grab the copy.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi there,

Its actually a WordPress update thats caused it. I'm hoping downgrading to the previous version might help.

I will feed back to you. It seems to be an issue with Jquery UI

Hi there,

Ok. When i downgrade all of the Toolset plugins it still isnt working. Switching off ONLY the TOOLSET plugins means that it works. Swtiching them on again breaks the backend Edit screen with the error above.

I have isolated it to ONLY happening when the TOOLSET plugins are active.

This seems to have occured very recently. The issue is, why when even downgrading the versions, it still breaks? COuld it be that all of the plugins look for a common file which is in tern breaking things?

Paul

Shane
Supporter

Hi Paul,

That could quite be a possibility, however i'm not able to replicate at all even with the latest version of wordpress.

If you set up a fresh test site does the issue still occur ?

Also would you mind providing me with access to one of the sites so that I can go in and grab a copy ?

Thanks,
Shane

Hi there,

I have found the bug for you. Toolset is causing an issues with Jquery UI. Specifically the ui-button. Does this help you diagnose further??

When I dequeue this in the functions.php the backend Post Edit Screen works again. It gives other errors but at least we have functioning edit screens on all our websites now! Its only temporary so hoping you can give me a proper patch...

add_action('admin_enqueue_scripts', 'unload_all_jquery');
function unload_all_jquery() {
    //wp_enqueue_script("jquery");
    $jquery_ui = array(
       "jquery-ui-button"
    );

foreach($jquery_ui as $script){
        wp_deregister_script($script);
    }
}
Screenshot_2020-02-28 Missing close or choose button in file picker dialog since 0 7 5 · Issue #626 · nextcloud mail.png

Hi there,

This is from a totally unrelated forum case but I found this it might help still further.....

See attachment

Shane
Supporter

Hi Paul,

I took a clone of the site but i'm not sure where you've added the custom code to remove the jquery.

Could you let me know where this has been added so that I can replicate the issue in the copy of the site.

Thanks,
Shane

Its in functions.php.

I may have removed or commented it out. I went through each Jquery UI script until i isolated this being the one. However if you look back over my messages, toolset-shortcode.js seems to be the route cause or at least important in some way. Also this file or one of the dependancies its calling: jquery.fancytree.ui-deps.js:449:8

Hope you can get this bug patched soon as I'm sure many others will encounter the same issue when they update WordPress to the latest version!!

Shane
Supporter

Hi Paul,

I'm trying to replicate on my end. Currently running WordPress 5.3.2 and the issue isn't there. I'm able to edit the pages normally.

I would need a copy of the site with the issue present in order to submit to our team for further checks for a patch to be provided.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi there Shane,

You have access to the website admin already - are you able to make a backup from there please?

The bug / problem is still unresolved and affecting ALL of our websites with Toolset installed (over 150 websites) so this is increasingly urgent as the patch I came up with is only temporary and not helpful as although it allows Post edits, it stops the Views / Types content templates from being editable.

Thank you again for your support and help.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Paul,

I did make a backup and restored it onto my server.

However the issue isn't present there and on the functions.php file i'm not able to see the script that you used to de-queue the js file that is causing the issue.

Essentially on the copy the problem isn't there unless you made some changes to the toolset core files. I also tried logging in again but it seems your website is throwing an error 500 that is preventing me from accessing the login page.

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

Hello there,

The site is now working ok - and the script is in the Child Functions file.

Please do take a look for me. As I keep repeating, there is no doubt this is a bug in Toolset as without it activated there is no issue.

Just out of interest, some kind of WEBKIT is being referenced. Does toolset get all its Jquery overides externally?

Thanks you and hope you can come up with a patch or refer higher up to the actual Devs to fix this as this is now a major problem for us.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.