Skip Navigation

[Resolved] One more thing that I need to do

This support ticket is created 5 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 5 years ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Thank you, Luo. OK. One more thing that I need to do. If you visit hidden link you will see that I have two many-to-many relationships: Documents to Folders, and Members to Folders.

I assigned our users to their respective member post type. For example, I created a Member titled Eric Reynolds, and I made me, Eric Reynolds, the author of the Member post. Now, when a member logs into the site, I need her or him to be redirected to a view that only displays the documents of the folders that the members belong to. They will not be able to see any documents of folders that they are not in a relationship. Is that possible?

Also, is it possible to add users as authors to Members posts on the frontend?

Thank you!

🙂 Eric

Dear Eric,

Yes, it is possible, for example.
After user logs into the site, you can redirect him to a wordpress page, in that page display a post view:
- query posts of Member posts
- filter by:
Select posts with the author the same as the current logged in user.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/filtering-views-query-by-author/
- display related "document" posts:
https://toolset.com/documentation/post-relationships/how-to-display-related-posts-with-toolset/#displaying-many-related-items

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.