Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Of the 361 Views I have on my site, only 1 of them is cached. I don’t understand

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

I don't understand why more of my views are not frontend-cached.

Solution:

There are lots of cases might conduct the issue you mentioned above, see our document:

Relevant Documentation:

https://toolset.com/documentation/legacy-features/views-plugin/how-to-use-views-parametric-search-on-large-sites/

This support ticket is created 3 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by liatG 3 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Many views, none cached.jpg

Of the 361 Views I have on my site, only 1 of them is cached. I don't understand why more of my views are not frontend-cached.

Link to my Views: hidden link

I have read the requirements for frontend cacheing of Views and I believe that more of my views should be cached. Can you give me any advice?
Thank you!
Liat

PS I really don't like the new "feature" of chat support! It is very frustrating to have the support bot tell me to fill in details and add photos after I have done so multiple times. I wish I could just post a ticket during the day like normal. Thanks for passing along this feedback if you can.

Cheers 🙂

Dear Liat,

There are lots of cases might conduct the issue you mentioned above, see our document:
https://toolset.com/documentation/legacy-features/views-plugin/how-to-use-views-parametric-search-on-large-sites/

Cache is automatically turned off for Views when: ...

For example, the most common case:

The View is nested or has a filter or an option that depends on the current page, current user, or current archive data. Note that this invalidates cache when Don’t include current page in query result query option is checked.

Thanks for the feedback, I have forwarded it to our support manager.

Thank you for making this clear for me. I'll check each View, but I'm sure in each case it's because of a filter or nesting View. Thanks a lot!

Can you help me understand, for example, why this View wouldn't be cached? It has no filters or anything.

hidden link

Thanks!

The credentials you provided was removed by system, please provide them again, also point out the URLs: Where do you display that view in front-end, thanks

Please check these:
hidden link

You are using [wpv-conditional] shortcodes in it, it will display different results for different user role, so view does not cache the result.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

I understand what you mean. I see why most of my views cannot be cached. I appreciate it!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.