Skip Navigation

[Resolved] oasis workflow

This support ticket is created 8 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by robD 8 years ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am happily using Toolset on this site for a number of needs, some covered in related support threads. But one or more of the installed Toolset plugins (I use Types/Views/Access) are conflicting with the Submit to Workflow button (equivalent to Publish button) in Oasis Workflow; I know this because the problem goes away when I deactivate these three Toolset plugins. I'm using Oasis Workflow Pro, btw, most recent version:

hidden link

Btw, I see one thread on the Toolset forum re. Oasis Workflow conflict with Toolset CPTs:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/workflow-with-wp-types/

but this is not my experience: Oasis Workflow integrates fine with Toolset CPTs.

According to the Oasis developer, the conflict is apparently related to a preventDefault() command, which Toolset has all over the place (I searched Types, Views, and Access, the three Toolset plugins I have active on this site, and discovered 644 occurrences in 131 files!). The specific request the developer is making to further track this issue is below.

(Btw, we have found a temporary workaround: when you click Submit to Workflow, Oasis Workflow brings up a popup window with a Submit button, which is the one that doesn't ultimately submit the post to workflow, but you can then immediately click Save Draft, and then it submits okay.)

Here is the developer's request:

Oasis Workflow Pro calls "jQuery("#save-post").click();", but after we install the toolset plugins, it seems that this specific line of code even though it's called doesn't do anything.

We suspect that there is some JS in toolset plugins which is doing e.preventDefault() for this specific element - "save-post".

Can you tell us which JS is doing so and why?

Thanks,
Ravi Ajmera
<em><u>hidden link</u></em>

Sure appreciate any help you can provide; thanks.

Jim P.

Dear jim,

Since I do not have a copy of oasis workflow plugin, I can not duplicate same problem, I am not sure which one is the plugin conflict with oasis workflow plugin.

So I searched the string "save-post" in source code of all three plugin(Types/Views/Access), I can find some JS codes like this:

$("input#save-post").addClass("button-disabled");

But can not find there is any codes doing this:
e.preventDefault() for this specific element - "save-post".

Please try this:
1) Activate all three plugins "Types/Views/Access", deactivate each plugin one by one, check which plugin conduct the compatibility problem
2) post a downloadable URL for the oasis workflow plugin, describe detail steps to duplicate same problem, I need test and debug it in my localhost, thanks

My apologies for late reply. Apparently the most recent Toolset Types, actually released on the day you replied, seems to have solved this.

Jim P.

Screen Shot 2016-04-25 at 5.37.57 AM.png

Hello @jimp and @louy

Running all (now) current versions and having the same issue, missing the 'submit to workflow' button, the equivalent of the 'Publish" or "Update" button.

wp 4.5
types 2.0.1
views 2.0
oasis 3.9

@jimp - are you using the Enfold theme (or another by Kriesi)?
@louy - if i need a need thread, just let me know, but this is the same issue so I wanted to see if @jimp can provide more insight with similar plugin set.

Attached is the JS errors only present when the buttons are missing. For us, this only happens for non-admins.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.