Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Numbering multiple instances

This support ticket is created 7 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by gaborG 7 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Juan.

Author
Numbering instances.jpg

I would suggest to add numbers to the instances of a field if multiple instances are used.
This would make it easier to reference a particular field instance if multiple users are working on a project, and they want to refer to a certain instance out of a number of instances related to a field.

I attached an image to show what I mean, marking the numbers red.

Juan
Supporter

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hi Gabor

Thanks for the feedback.

Makes sense, even if offering those numbers as small hints placed on a corner of the field instance. It might need some work, since you can indeed reorder instances of repeating fields and those counters would need to get updted after dragging and dropping, but still a nice addition.

I am adding this to our internal tracking system as a feature request. Our development team will evaluate it and, eventually, put it on a sprint for includion in a future version of Types. Please do note that this does not mean it will be included for sure or, in case it gets done, it will be done soon: we need to plan in advance and evaluate the amount of work and features for each development cycle.

Thanks again.

Regards.

Thanks Juan.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.