Skip Navigation

[Resolved] number_format shortcode strips values

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

Display numeric values with comma separators for thousands, and two decimal places

Solution:

It needs custom codes, see details here:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/number_format-shortcode-strips-values/#post-1137414

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 5 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 5 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to:

Display numeric values with comma separators for thousands, and two decimal places

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

hidden link

I expected to see:

HARBOR GRAIN- LONG BEACH should display a value of $1,491.00

PTI OAKLAND should display a value of $68,203.00

Instead, I got:

both warehouses display $0.00

I created a shortcode to format the value field being displayed in the Inventory by Warehouse view.

function yls_format_money( $atts ) {
	extract( shortcode_atts( array(
	'warehouse-value' => '0'), $atts) );
	return $value = number_format((float)$value, 2);
}
add_shortcode('format_money', 'yls_format_money');

shortcode used in the view

<td>$[format_money value=[wpv-post-field name="warehouse-value"][/format_money]</td>

I've tested without converting to a float and I get warnings and no display output, I've also tested with (int) to the same result. I've searched through the support threads and found this: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/need-to-display-numeric-custom-field-in-european-decimal-format/#post-303215

Looks like in the last post another user had the same issue, please take a look and let me know what I'm doing incorrectly.

Hi,

Thanks for the details, the thread you mentioned above is a for another custom field which is not created by Types plugin, in your case, the custom field "warehouse-value" is created by Types plugin, so things are different.

I have done below modification in your website:
1) Modify the PHP codes as below:

//This function creates a short code to format money
function yls_format_money( $atts, $content ) {
	$content = do_shortcode($content);
	return $value = number_format((float)$content, 2);
}
add_shortcode('format_money', 'yls_format_money');

2) Edit the view "Inventory Per Warehouse", change the shortcode as below:

$[format_money][types field='warehouse-value' output='raw'][/types][/format_money]

As you can see, you can use custom shortcode [format_money] to wrap the Types shortcode.

Please test again check if it is fixed, thanks

That resolved the issue, thanks again!

You are welcome

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.