Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Notify authors of repeatable field groups, after CRED (Edit) Form Post is submit

This support ticket is created 3 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lara 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
2020-08-04_Toolset-Bywood-Not_Broke.PNG
2020-08-04_Toolset-Bywood-Broke.PNG

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I have a post type "A". This post typ has a repeatable field group. The repeatable field group contains the name of a person and a email adress. After the CRED edit Form is submitted, everyone should receive an email, except this person ..

[wpv-attribute name="email_interessent"]

For this purpose, I created a view, which creates an array with the email adresses..

View:

[wpv-layout-start][wpv-items-found]<!-- wpv-loop-start --><wpv-loop>[wpv-conditional if='( $(wpcf-e-mail_interessent) ne "[wpv-attribute name="auserwahlter_interessent"]" )'][types field='e-mail_interessent' output='raw'][/types]  ,  [/wpv-conditional] </wpv-loop><!-- wpv-loop-end -->[/wpv-items-found][wpv-no-items-found][/wpv-no-items-found][wpv-layout-end]

After that I inserted the view into the single line field of the following CRED (Edit) Form ...

CRED (Edit) Form:
(I removed all other cred_fields from the form for better readability)

[php]
[credform]
[cred_field field="e-mail-adressen-nichtausgewaehlte-bieter" force_type="field" class="form-control" output="bootstrap" value='[wpv-view name="e-mail-adressen-childposts" auserwahlter_interessent="[wpv-attribute name="email_interessent"]"]' ]
[/credform]
[php]

The problem:

[php]
[credform]
[cred_field field="e-mail-adressen-nichtausgewaehlte-bieter" force_type="field" class="form-control" output="bootstrap" value='[wpv-view name="e-mail-adressen-childposts"]' ]
[/credform]
[php]

..... this works perfectly fine, but as soon as I insert ...

[wpv-attribute name="email_interessent"]

... into the view like this ..

[php]
[credform]
[cred_field field="e-mail-adressen-nichtausgewaehlte-bieter" force_type="field" class="form-control" output="bootstrap" value='[wpv-view name="e-mail-adressen-childposts" auserwahlter_interessent="[wpv-attribute name="email_interessent"]"]' ]
[/credform]
[php]

... it breaks. It seems like there are too many '' and "" in it 🙂
Any suggestions or ideas, what could be changed to make it work?

Is there any documentation that you are following?
no

Is there a similar example that we can see?
no

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Hi Lara

You seem to have created a duplicate thread, let's close this one and I will answer you in the other.

Hi Nigel,
great idea 🙂
Not sure, how this happend.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.