Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Notification when custom fields are modified: Still not working! – Part 2

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
CRED notification notification feature wasn't working when you choose custom fields modified

Solution:
Issue addressed on current CRED version.

This support ticket is created 8 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 21 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Adriano 8 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Adriano.

Author
not2.jpg

I am sorry to be bringing this thread up but it still doesn't work!
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/notification-when-custom-fields-are-modified-still-not-working/

When a field NOT included in the attached custom field list, is changed the email is still being sent. That is not the expected behaviour.

Thank you for contacting Toolset support, I'd be delighted to assist!

I have recently uncovered another issue that may be related to this one regarding custom fields being cached after modification. If I am correct in my thinking, the notification email function may not be getting fired as the custom field when modified displays the old value on the front-end (no worries from a data consistency standpoint, the data is still written to database).

Thank you for bringing this issue back up and I apologize for the inconvenience that it wasn't solved upon your first contact. I appreciate your patience and will provide an update the moment I hear back from our Tier 2!

Hello,

I’m Adriano, Toolset support lead and I have been escalated to this thread. I’ll give my best to help you to achieve your needs through Toolset components.

We've fixed that indeed but you may need to re-create your notification settings in the same way, we need to save some new values. Sorry for this inconvenience.

not-3.jpg

No it's not working!

I recreated the notification and only the "city" fires the notification if it gets modified! The other fields do not execute the notication when they get modified!

Ok, thank you for confirming!

I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site in order to be offering better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

My apologies the delay, I was in holidays. I'll play on it a bit, thanks.

I've got a couple of errors when trying to edit a poster on front-end:

Notice: Use of undefined constant id - assumed 'id' in themes/webpostersdirectory/functions.php on line 113

Notice: Undefined index: anti-spam-trap in themes/webpostersdirectory/functions.php on line 428

Notice: Undefined index: United Kingdom in plugins/cred-frontend-editor/embedded/classes/Form_Builder_Helper.php on line 1356

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in plugins/meta-data-filter/index.php on line 625

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in plugins/meta-data-filter/index.php on line 625

Notice: Undefined index: post_title in themes/webpostersdirectory/functions.php on line 225

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at functions.php:113) in pluggable.php on line 1228

I don't know why this is happening now!!!

i just cloned the site with Duplicator, it has worked so far! Did you have any issues before with people's cloned sites not working? It works fine on my localhost with no errors. Is there a way I can debug?

PHP version on localhost: 5.5.15
PHP version on server: 5.4.45

Could that be it? (I wouldn't think so...)

Whenever I try to submit the CRED form I receive a blank page with those warnings.

Yes I got that part! I get the errors too only on the server. I really don't know what it might be. Do you have any ideas? Please check my last reply!

Howdy George!

I see that in your provided debug info on the forums, it has your PHP version as 5.5. However in your Types debug in your live site, it's reporting PHP 5.4.

The issue is that Toolset is not supported on such old PHP versions, we require at least PHP 5.5 and 5.6 is preferred. This was due to the WordPress software recommendations changing in WordPress 4.4:
https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/

Not only may these errors be due to PHP 5.4, it's no longer supported by the PHP developers and may have security issues which put your site at risk. Newer PHP versions are faster as well, providing you a dual benefit to upgrade.

hidden link

Hi Ross, thanks for stepping in! The differences in versions that you saw was due to the fact that during the ticket I had to upload a development version on my server that had a different PHP version.

I tried with both 5.5.30 and 5.6.14 versions that are supported from my host and the errors persist(I left it at 5.6.14 for now)!

MySQL version is 5.5.42-37.1. I could post updated debug report privately but I don't seem to have that option from the forum reply system.

Can you think of anything else?

I've worked through step by step:
I created a new user: ross_toolset and set it to my email. I then logged out and tried getting an email notification for password reset
-- This was: Successful - I received the new user email and password reset email (in spam)

I then used the Spam Email tester at:
hidden link
Here are the results:
hidden link

I then created a new CPT "ross-test"
I created a custom field group "ross-fields" and assigned to "ross-test". I used a Single line field called "ross-single"
I then created a edit CRED form called "ross-edit" and used "Auto-Generate Form"
I setup the email notification like so:
hidden link

I then created a new post called ross-post and in ross-single typed test. I used the CRED Forms button to enter a edit post shortcode.

I then edited Ross Test Name, I got this error on form submit:

Notice: Use of undefined constant id - assumed 'id' in /home2/atv/gmitropapas.com/wpd/wp-content/themes/webpostersdirectory/functions.php on line 120

Notice: Undefined index: anti-spam-trap in /home2/atv/gmitropapas.com/wpd/wp-content/themes/webpostersdirectory/functions.php on line 435

However I did get the email notifications:
hidden link

Indeed the notifications are working, they are going to spam though. Feel free to modify the email and content of the notification in my CRED form to test, be sure to check the spam folder of the email you send to!

Oh and if you never get it, your IP is on some blacklists. If the email server of the email that is receiving it uses blocklisting such as SpamHaus, you'll never get the email at all.

To work around this, the easiest solution would be to use a SMTP gateway such as: https://wordpress.org/plugins/postman-smtp/

Hi Ross thanks for all the effort. I am sure that if I recreate form and add one custom field, the notification will work. The problem lies on the particular form with these particular custom fields:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/notification-when-custom-fields-are-modified-still-not-working-part-2/#post-364788

to which we won't be able to find a solution if we don't have a look at that particular form...

I've figured it out. It seems that we have a problem in a method of the notification class, I've forwarded the culprit line to our development team, they will take care of this soon. Thank you for your patience. I'll get back to you as soon as I hear something back.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.