Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Not shown template on custom type

This support ticket is created 3 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 24 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 3 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Issue1

I created a template for Project Brief
hidden link

But is not shown on
hidden link

Issue Two
On same template I added a view to show the items related 1..n "Project Goals" items but does not let me select it like in example hidden link so it does not show only the Project Goals related with Project Brief page

hidden link

https://toolset.com/lesson-placement/lesson-placements-1729031-1730449/

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Let's first fix the issue with the content template so we can work on the second issue.

I logged into your website and tried to understand the issue and fix it, but I'll probably need some information before.

This URL hidden link is a preview URL, it will force Toolset to display the post(project-brief/accountant) using the content template with ID 732.
Currently, the template with that ID is on the Trash, so both of the following URLs are "basically" the same for Toolset. So, Toolset will use the assigned content template to the post, which is "Template for Projects Brief 3" with ID 746.

When I try to preview this template for a post, hidden link
While activating the "TwentyTwenty" theme, I am getting some errors, check this screenshot hidden link

1 exception(s):
Exception #0 (FishPig\WordPress\Model\Integration\IntegrationException): The FishPig WordPress theme is installed but is not active. Please login to the WordPress Admin and enable it.

Exception #0 (FishPig\WordPress\Model\Integration\IntegrationException): The FishPig WordPress theme is installed but is not active. Please login to the WordPress Admin and enable it.
<pre>#1 FishPig\WordPress\Model\Theme->validate() called at [vendor/fishpig/magento2-wordpress-integration/Model/Integration/ThemeTest.php:34]
#2 FishPig\WordPress\Model\Integration\ThemeTest->runTest() called at [vendor/fishpig/magento2-wordpress-integration/Model/IntegrationManager.php:61]
#3 FishPig\WordPress\Model\IntegrationManager->runTests() called at [vendor/fishpig/magento2-wordpress-integration/Controller/Router.php:83]
#4 FishPig\WordPress\Controller\Router->match() called at [vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php:58]
#5 FishPig\WordPress\Controller\Router\Interceptor->___callParent() called at [vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php:138]
#6 FishPig\WordPress\Controller\Router\Interceptor->Magento\Framework\Interception\{closure}() called at [vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php:153]
#7 FishPig\WordPress\Controller\Router\Interceptor->___callPlugins() called at [generated/code/FishPig/WordPress/Controller/Router/Interceptor.php:26]
#8 FishPig\WordPress\Controller\Router\Interceptor->match() called at [vendor/magento/framework/App/FrontController.php:115]
#9 Magento\Framework\App\FrontController->dispatch() called at [vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php:58]
#10 Magento\Framework\App\FrontController\Interceptor->___callParent() called at [vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php:138]
#11 Magento\Framework\App\FrontController\Interceptor->Magento\Framework\Interception\{closure}() called at [vendor/magento/module-store/App/FrontController/Plugin/RequestPreprocessor.php:99]
#12 Magento\Store\App\FrontController\Plugin\RequestPreprocessor->aroundDispatch() called at [vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php:135]
#13 Magento\Framework\App\FrontController\Interceptor->Magento\Framework\Interception\{closure}() called at [vendor/amasty/aminvisiblecaptcha/Plugin/Predispatch.php:113]
#14 Amasty\InvisibleCaptcha\Plugin\Predispatch->aroundDispatch() called at [vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php:135]
#15 Magento\Framework\App\FrontController\Interceptor->Magento\Framework\Interception\{closure}() called at [vendor/magento/module-page-cache/Model/App/FrontController/BuiltinPlugin.php:71]
#16 Magento\PageCache\Model\App\FrontController\BuiltinPlugin->aroundDispatch() called at [vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php:58]
#17 Magento\PageCache\Model\App\FrontController\BuiltinPlugin\Interceptor->___callParent() called at [vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php:138]
#18 Magento\PageCache\Model\App\FrontController\BuiltinPlugin\Interceptor->Magento\Framework\Interception\{closure}() called at [vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php:153]
#19 Magento\PageCache\Model\App\FrontController\BuiltinPlugin\Interceptor->___callPlugins() called at [generated/code/Magento/PageCache/Model/App/FrontController/BuiltinPlugin/Interceptor.php:26]
#20 Magento\PageCache\Model\App\FrontController\BuiltinPlugin\Interceptor->aroundDispatch() called at [vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php:135]
#21 Magento\Framework\App\FrontController\Interceptor->Magento\Framework\Interception\{closure}() called at [vendor/amasty/geoipredirect/Plugin/Action.php:342]
#22 Amasty\GeoipRedirect\Plugin\Action->aroundDispatch() called at [vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php:135]
#23 Magento\Framework\App\FrontController\Interceptor->Magento\Framework\Interception\{closure}() called at [vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php:153]
#24 Magento\Framework\App\FrontController\Interceptor->___callPlugins() called at [generated/code/Magento/Framework/App/FrontController/Interceptor.php:26]
#25 Magento\Framework\App\FrontController\Interceptor->dispatch() called at [vendor/magento/framework/App/Http.php:116]
#26 Magento\Framework\App\Http->launch() called at [generated/code/Magento/Framework/App/Http/Interceptor.php:24]
#27 Magento\Framework\App\Http\Interceptor->launch() called at [vendor/magento/framework/App/Bootstrap.php:263]
#28 Magento\Framework\App\Bootstrap->run() called at [pub/index.php:40]
</pre>

These errors are probably caused by the "Network Enabled" plugin "WPSHAPERE"

While activating the FishPig theme, I am getting the following error, check this screenshot hidden link

Calling functions are FishPig\WordPress_PluginShortcodeWidget\Helper\Core::simulatedCallback, FishPig\WordPress_PluginShortcodeWidget\Plugin\FishPig_WordPress\Model\PostPlugin::FishPig\WordPress_PluginShortcodeWidget\Plugin\FishPig_WordPress\Model\{closure}, WP_Hook::apply_filters

I searched online and I understood that the theme and the plugin are meant for some kind of Magento integration. On the same time, there is an "inconsistency" between HOME_URL and SITE_URL:
- SiteURL hidden link
- HomeURL hidden link
And the WordPress installation is a multisite inside of a directory, which can create some side effects too.

Can you elaborate more on why HOME_URL and SITE_URL, especially as it is the root site of the multisite installation?

Can you perform the following tests and let us know what you will get:
- Deactivate all the plugins on the network level.
- Enable only Toolset plugins and TwentyTwenty theme on the site.
- Check the preview link hidden link

Hello,

Thanks for your support

Sorry for the invonvenience because I was testing configurations, the issues you where talking were fixed. I need to have fishpig theme active to avoid issues entering on pages on frontend

Now you can see that acceding here hidden link, does not get the same layout that is configured here hidden link

hidden link

I gues that the issue could be related with this configuration hidden link, that request the name of the function https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/the_content/

Yes, I use hidden link

Here explained issues with function.php that may need your plugin https://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/114488/changes-doesnt-show-up-on-blog

This is the configuration that I need to have to work the integration property and yes it's for fishpig root addon

- SiteURL hidden link (Worpress Admin url prefix)
- HomeURL hidden link (Main page for WP and Magento)

I've deactivated all the plugins on network and there are only yours and the issue persits

Than you very much

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you for your feedback. I am not sure if the issue comes from the integration with "the_content", but I'll need to have FTP access to check the theme's code here "/app/code/FishPig/WordPress/view/frontend/templates/"

The theme in WordPress location does use the_content function as you can see in this screenshot hidden link

This is my IP (196.77.60.118) but I am not sure it will be kept for a long time. As soon as my router reconnects, I'll get another IP. Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely.

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you! I confirm being able to login with sFTP. But I am not familiar with Magento and I was not able to locate the file "/app/code/FishPig/WordPress/view/frontend/templates" that the following article talks "hidden link"

Hi,

Thanks for that

This is the path /srv/public_html/vendor/fishpig/magento2-wordpress-integration/view/frontend/templates

hidden link

You can find here all the fishpig modules installed /srv/public_html/vendor/fishpig/magento2-wordpress-integration

hidden link

Hello

Could you find it?

Thanks

Jamal
Supporter

My apologies for the late reply but I do not work on Sundays and Mondays.

Today, unfortunately, I am not able to access your server with SFTP or SSH, probably because my IP has changed, it is currently (160.178.204.223). Would you please allow this new IP.

Hello,

Thanks for that. I updated your IP yesterday, if you need a new update just let me know

Regards

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Unfortunately, my IP address will always change. So, I managed to get a static IP to proxy through. Please whitelist this IP "100.26.135.120"

Thank you, and my apologies for taking that much time.

Hello, thanks, done

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you!

Check this screenshot hidden link it is for the file /srv/public_html/vendor/fishpig/magento2-wordpress-integration/view/frontend/templates/post/view.phtml that I belive is used to render a post(custom post included). The file does not have a call to "the_content()" function, which WordPress uses to render the content of the post.
Toolset content template hooks into this function and generates the content for the post(template+post data).

Furthermore, it seems that WordPress is not executed in the default way, it is being loaded by Magento, which is a custom setup from a WordPress perspective. We can't guarantee how the process flow will be.

I suggest reaching the integration plugin's support and ask for their help too. They may provide information that could help us help you with this issue.

Hello

I did and I got this response. You may want to write to him and he could help you providing you the way your module could work ben@fishpig.com. It's better than having me in the middle. Is that possible_

thanks

My module does call the_content to get the content so if it's not working, I'm not sure why.

With the current versions of the module, most plugins do work and most page builder type plugins do work. Some though are created in a highly custom way and these don't always work and this plugin may fall into the latter category.

Thanks

Ben Tideswell

I really prefer to use your module than gravity form plus gravity view because info is stored like WordPress on custom posts

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.