Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Not compatible with Yoast SEO plugin

This support ticket is created 5 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by robD-7 5 years ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
without-toolset-types.jpg
with-toolset-types.jpg

I upgraded to the latest paid version of toolset types hoping it would resolve the problem. But whenever I enable the toolset types plugin, it breaks the Yoast SEO plugin on the post editing page. It also disables the ability to toggle between code and visual editor. This is in WordPress 5.1.1 running the classic editor.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Rob,

Thank you for contacting us and I'll be happy to assist.

I performed some tests on my website with Toolset Types and Yoast SEO plugins activated, but couldn't reproduce this issue.

To start troubleshooting, I'll suggest the following steps:

1. Please make sure that the active theme and all plugins are updated to the latest versions.

2. To rule out any third-party code conflict, please test this with all other plugins disabled (except for Toolset Types and Yoast SEO) and a default theme like "Twenty Nineteen".

3. If the post editing screen is still broken, see if there are any errors or warnings shown in the browser's console.
( ref: https://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Your_Browser_to_Diagnose_JavaScript_Errors )

4. In case the issue still persists without any errors or warnings, you're welcome to share temporary admin access, for even deeper troubleshooting.

I've set your next reply as private so that only you and our support team will have access to it.

Note: Although no changes will be made on the website, we recommend making a complete backup copy of the website, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

toolset-deactivated.jpg
toolset-activated.jpg

Hi Waqar.

You also have to install either 'Wordpress Classic Editor' or 'Disable Gutenberg' plugins so that you can test this with the classic editor. Everything works with the new Gutenberg story editor. But if you switch into the classic editor, you should see the problem. Did you try that yet? Many people are not able to use the new Gutenberg editor, which now replaces the classic editor in WP 5.1. So they have to run a plugin to get classic editor back.

I have disabled all plugins and isolated this down to just Yoast SEO, Classic Editor (or Disable Gutenberg) and Toolset Types. The Classic Editor works fine with Yoast until I enable Toolset Types. I've also seen people mentioning this problem during my research with another onthegosystems product - WPML. Possibly it's a related bug?

I'm uploading screenshots of the console messages before and after activating Toolset Types. You can see the errors appearing. Also, I just noticed this is only happening on Chrome but not IE. If you can look into this further with the additional information, I'd appreciate it.

Hey after seeing the issue gone in IE (it was a problem on both previously), I decided to clear browser cached on Chrome. This seems to have fixed the problem. My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.