Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Not able to get AJAX to fire? Search is always reloading the page.

This support ticket is created 3 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by michaelS-53 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

We have it set up so users can search the title of a Game Review by a title, and I'd like it to show results without reloading. I've made sure our jquery.js is firing properly and all that, but it doesn't seem to be working?

Page in question where you can see the search form and filter: hidden link

ajax-pagination.JPG

Hello,

I assume we are talking about those AJAX pagination links of the URL you mentioned above, I have tried it in my Chrome browser, it works fine, see screenshot ajax-pagination.JPG

Is this problem resolved? please let me know if you need more assistance for it, thanks

Hi Luo,

It's not the pagination, but when people input search terms in the box. It always does a full page reload.

Thanks for the details, I assume we are talking about the "Search" submit button.

The problem is that "Search" submit button is in outside of custom search form, you will need to move it into custom search form, and test again.

search.png

I'm not sure how to do that? I have it set inside the filter.

I have tried it in a fresh WP installation + the latest version of Toolset plugins in my localhost, it works fine.

So the problem you mentioned above is abnormal, and in your screenshot:
https://toolset.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/1667795-search.png

There are some required elements missing in your codes, for example:

[wpv-filter-start hide="false"]
[wpv-filter-end]

I suggest you check these:
1) Make sure you are using the latest version of Toolset plugins, you can download them here:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

2) Create a new view manually, and test again.

3) In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate all other plugins, and switch to wordpress default theme 2020, and test again

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.