Skip Navigation

[Resolved] None Of The Wcpf Fields Are Available To Filter On

This support ticket is created 7 years, 12 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 22 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 7 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

OK - so that's good the search on it's own work.
I don't understand your comment about "since you store a Custom Field Value in the Database with Upper case letters"? Who does, that and why mention it?

So you are arguing that it's our child theme that's causing the problem?
I tried it with the Toolset Starter theme rather than our child Toolset Starter theme and it still doesn't work.
How can the search be made to work with your theme?

You do store Capital (Upper case) value in the Database, this is clearly visible in the Toolset > Post Fields > your_group > your_field > Value to store

This is not Toolset, this is something you decided at the moment you created that Field and what it should store.

So since you stored Capital Letters, as in "English" (not "english") I also perform my search via URL parameter with capital letter and as you can see, it works fine.

As you might know, Toolset Starter Theme requires you to use a Layout if that Plugin (layouts) is active.
This is why I asked you to quickly switch to Twenty Fourteen as example, as I did not crate a layout, because this goes into design and not into the issue "does Views and Types work when searching Database Contents"

You may either (for tests) enable Twenty Fourteen or any other Theme, or, create a Layout that will return the Post Body of that Page I created for you, or the View itself as a Cell.

I am not arguing it's your child Theme, I am saying, the Search, as far as supported by Toolset, works fine, as you can see here:
hidden link

hidden link
1 Result returned.

hidden link
8 Results (all hold English in the Learning Field value) returned

hidden link
7 results returned, all hold English in the Field's skill value

Note that some users du not hold any Language info at all, so as example User ID:
44, 47 and 48

As mentioned to see that View either create the according layout or switch the Theme quickly.

As for the issue with the Current Live View, either it's the Custom Code that passes the wrong URL parameters or the View is corrupted, in that case you could use the test View I created for you.

Thank you for your patience

My programmer asks:
"I'm confused at how you have skill and learn as the variable names instead of language and languagelearning?" - He means in the Query Filter.

Thanks

Also, where is this capital letter designation you speak of? The programmer says "uppercase letters don't matter because we're using a like query which doesn't care about case" ?

1. I have replaced all "language" to "skill", as well as "languagelearning" to "learn"– as in your test page example filter Query – in the Query Filter, in the HTML and JS, on both unilisten2.eplatt.com and unilisten.net.
The member search works on
hidden link
with Types at 1.8.11
but not on
hidden link
with Types 2.0.1

They have identical code. The programmer says "all my code is doing is taking selected form values and putting them into the url"

So we are back to square one?

2. How do I test if it's a "corrupted view" – simply create a new one, using the same parameters and code?

1. I'm confused at how you have skill and learn as the variable names instead of language and languagelearning?" - He means in the Query Filter

As you will know, you can set anything as the variable in a Query Filter.
I just chose those as they seemed more simple for me to make the test.

You could also put "paramone" or "whateveryouwant"

The important is, the Code the generates the URL is actually matching this variable.

2. Also, where is this capital letter designation you speak of? The programmer says "uppercase letters don't matter because we're using a like query which doesn't care about case" ?

You do store Capital (Upper case) value in the Database, this is clearly visible in the Toolset > Post Fields > your_group > your_field > Value to store

if you store Upper Case Values, then the URL param must of course match this as it searches for the value in the Database.

You store Upper case, as visible in the above mentioned settings, and as you will see, the View I created for you, works fine if you query by Upper case terms but not if you query by lower case.

This is case sensitive.

3. I have replaced all "language" to "skill", as well as "languagelearning" to "learn"

As said, it does not matter what is your variable, it just must be the same when you call it.

It means, if you set the variable "myvariable" in the Query Filter, the URL you call must of course end with:

? myvariable=whateveryoursearchfor

4. The programmer says "all my code is doing is taking selected form values and putting them into the url"

Yes, but probably not the correct values.
I will nto anlade this code, but if the Code produces URL's matching the variable AND the value as exact in the Database AND the user has this information stored, it will return by the View, as you can se in the View I set up for you, which works fine with Types 2.0.1

5. How do I test if it's a "corrupted view" – simply create a new one, using the same parameters and code?

It would be the fastest.
It would take 10 minutes to set a new View and make some manual tests, as suggested earlier, introducing one query after anther and outputting information as in my test view which helps you as well to see, how many results are produced, the ID's of the users, where are empty and not empty fields, etc.

Then you can still copy and paste over the HTML, in case this is a View corruption.

But I assume the issue relies within how the values are passed (upper and lower case as example)

Thank you

You seemed to be saying their was some setting in your filter query that makes it case sensitive, but it seems that it is just the URL query itself that gets sent. That was ambiguous in your comment.
The programmer says that is not how such a "like" query is usually programmed, but it seems your plugin makes it case sensitive.

In any case, I fixed that in our script. It now sends a case sensitive query and it now works.

The country search isn't working - is there is a limit to the amount of content, text (HTML in the case) to a visual cell? The HTML is turning black after a point in the top cell but I can't find any HTML errors.

Thanks

The LIKE statement creates usually wildcards for CONTENT (contains statement)
hidden link

This is, as you can see now when it is working, Case Sensitive for full and proper results.

I do usually makes sure to store only lower cases to any Database value.
It avoids many issues as Database Values are usually not the part that is readable by the human but used for the Searches or any other Query and action, and lower case will assure that I do not need to focus on this details when calling the values in a URL parameter.

Anyway, I understand you could make it work with the suggested call to case sensitive URL parameter, following what you stored in the Database, correct?

Add-On:
The country search isn't working - is there is a limit to the amount of content, text (HTML in the case) to a visual cell? The HTML is turning black after a point in the top cell but I can't find any HTML errors.

The Cell has no limit.

If content is stripped out most probably it is because you inserted either script tags or any other JS that is NOT in the Content Template JS Editor.
Layouts will strip this out for security reasons.

If the issue persist, this must be analyzed in a new ticket, as not related to the Views Query.
It seems, your HTML Visual editor is not presetting all content, right?
This would be a different issue.

Thank you

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.