Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Non accessible page showing up in menu

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

Editing permissions for a Custom Post Type in Toolset Access should also apply to single posts of that type when they are added to WordPress Menus (and displayed with the theme).

Since Access 2.7 these settings are not applied to posts in Menus. This means you can see and click on the menu items to which you might not have (read) access to.

Solution:

It is a known issue, our developers are working on it:

https://toolset.com/errata/toolset-permissions-not-applying-to-posts-in-menus/

Currently, you can try old version of Access plugin 2.6.2, you can download it here:

https://toolset.com/download/toolset-access/#changelog

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 5 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 5 years ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

i got a post type that is only accessible as admin/author. one of it's posts is linked in the menu.

the menu position is showing up even for not logged in users. the page can't be loaded, but why would it get listed in the menu? i'm pretty certain this should or was not the case before. could this be some combination of settings in the post type?

i've switched to a default wordpress theme and disabled all plugins but, but the effect stays the same. here is a short recording:
hidden link
(never mind the redirection at the end, this is a plugin that redirects to similar page instead of 404)

here is the staging site hidden link

Hello,

Thanks for the details, I can duplicate the same problem in my localhost, and have escalated this issue, will update here if there is any news.

Currently, you can try old version of Access plugin 2.6.2, you can download it here:
https://toolset.com/download/toolset-access/#changelog

I am having the same problem, there are pages that should be visible only to given roles. It happened after recent update. Also I had to re-check all the post types to be managed by Access, because nothing was visible even to admin.

Thanks! Activating v2.6.2 has solved the problem.

Here is the feedback from our developers, it will be fixed in Access version 2.7.1, but I am not sure when will it be released.

Access 2.7.1 is released, please test it and feedback if it is fixed. thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.