Skip Navigation

[Resolved] No se despliega la seccion de comentarios

This support ticket is created 5 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by David Arias 5 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I want the comments section to be displayed on each product deployed.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
If I tried to activate the comments section as advised on the Toolset website but I have not been successful. (watch video)
hidden link
Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

classifieds4.png
classifieds4.png
classifieds3.png
classifieds2.png
classifieds1.png

Hola David

I'll write my reply in English as I think you understand it well enough, but if you want me to reply in Spanish let me know, it will just take a little longer 😉 Feel free to reply in Spanish.

I think your problem is that when you change the settings to allow comments for a post type, it only affects newly created posts, not existing posts.

So in my screenshots from the Classifieds Reference Site, you can see an existing post where I added a comment cell to the Template Layout for listings, which says comments are closed (classifieds1.png).

If I edit that listing post I can see the settings do indeed say that comments are closed for that individual post (classifieds2.png).

If I check the box to "Allow comments" and then visit the listing on the front-end again, this time the comments are displayed (classifieds3.png).

Because I updated the settings for the Listing post type to allow comments to be turned on (classifieds4.png) and my general WordPress discussion settings allow people to post comments on new articles, *new* posts will have comments enabled by default.

For existing posts, it is necessary to edit and re-save the posts with the "Allow comments" setting checked.

If you have lots of existing posts that you want to enable comments for you could open up phpMyAdmin which gives MySQL access to your database and run the following SQL command to update the settings in bulk:

UPDATE wp_posts SET comment_status = 'open' WHERE post_type = 'listing';

If this is a development site and the listings are just for testing you don't need to worry about that, just create some new listings.

Hello, I already ran the query and I have the comments activated, thank you very much

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.