Skip Navigation

[Resolved] No-results-page of search-archive doesn't show all of my Layout

This support ticket is created 7 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 7 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

One issue of one of my last posts isn't solved for me yet. I was a bit busy, but really want to fix it now. Please see my last thread here: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/adding-relevanssi-breaks-template-of-results-page/

Everything's working fine, besides the issue, which I described on the bottom of my thread: The no-search-results-page doesn't show my whole Parent-Layout.

I did what Nigel told me in his last post on the thread, and I filled in a test-cell above my search-results-archive. And he is right, the no-results-page does use the same Layout, the test-cell appears on it too. But there are pretty much things, that don't show up: The main-menu, my background-image-boxes etc.

You can have a look at this behaviour on my live-site: hidden link
Just search for a word, that's on my site and then for one, that isn't (like coffee or so). Then you can see the "blank" page (which isn't really blank, but not really filled either).

Any ideas, how to fix that?
Thanks! Diana

This is strange.

I see that your website loads rather long on such a search, but even when all network activities are finished the content is not there (menu, and so on)

Can you activate WP Debug to see if any error pops up?
https://codex.wordpress.org/WP_DEBUG

Also good to know would be if this still happens with no other Plugins but Toolset?

I would also suggest to give a quick try with the Starter Theme or this Theme here, wich are Layouts compatible, so to source out Theme issues:
hidden link

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.