Skip Navigation

[Resolved] No repeatable field-group option?

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I cannot see the "Add Repeatable Group" button in my custom field editor screen.

Solution: Use the Post Relationship migration tool in Toolset > Relationships to migrate to the new relationships system.

This support ticket is created 5 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by thomasS-11 5 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Using latest version of Types, there is no repeatable field-group.
Is this feature removed?

Hi, the repeatable field group (RFG) feature has not been removed. It should be visible in the Custom Field Group editor screen. If the button is not visible at all, this could mean the site has not migrated to the new Post Relationships system. You can go to Toolset > Relationships to confirm this. If you see a message about migration, you must run the migration script. If you see a dashboard showing Relationships, then the site doesn't need to be migrated and you should see the RFG button.

If the button is visible but inactive, this could be because the field group is applied to more than one type of post. A field group must only be applied to a single post type in order to add a RFG to the field group.

Let me know if the problem isn't resolved and I can take a closer look.

I got it to work. I had to migrate the relationships. That's wierd because it is a fresh install of WP that Toolset was never installed on. And also it didnt ask me to migrate at any point. The option "Add new RFG" just wasnt there.

It works now. Thank you.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.