Skip Navigation

[Resolved] No Relationship field on Toolset Form editor

This support ticket is created 3 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 3 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi, I've created a 1-to-1 relationship between 2 CPTs. Now I need to change it to many-to-many. I did it by editing the current relationship, but now I cannot see on the Toolset Form editor the Relationship field.

So I tried deleting the relationship and creating a new one, same result.

I also tried deleting it again and change the name and the order of the CPTs in the relationship, same result.

FInally I created a new relationship between the first CPT and another CPT, same result, I don't see the Relationship field on Toolset Form editor.

Is it a bug? am I doing something wrong?

cheers

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Umberto,

Many to Many relationships do not use the relationship field in the Toolset Form editor.

You will need to create a Relationship Form. This can be done by going to Toolset -> Relationship Forms.

Have a look at our documentation below for more information.
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/front-end-relationship-forms-for-connecting-posts/

Thanks,
Shane

oh! Ok, my mistake, but I still have a problem with this. Today I've updated Toolset plugins:

Toolset Types 3.3.13 to 3.4
Toolset Forms 2.5.8 to 2.6
Toolset Access 2.8.7 to 2.8.8
Toolset Views 3.2.2 to 3.3

After that I've lost all the Relationships connections between posts. I've rolled back to previous version and now all the connections are back.

How can I update without losing connections?

thanks

Shane
Supporter

Hi Umberto,

For this issue would you mind providing me with a copy of your website so that I can test to see what happens here ?

To provide the copy please follow the instructions in the link below.
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Secondly please let me know exactly where I should go to see the issue after i've updated the plugins in the copy.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Umberto,

Thank you for the copy,

I was able to successfully setup the copy on my localhost. Right now i'm in the process of checking to see why your associations are lost when you perform the update.

I know that for this latest update there is an automatic migration process that occurs to maintain compatibility with WPML so i'm waiting to see if this is in fact what is happening.

I will post any updates on this.

Thank you for your patience.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Umberto,

I'm still unable to identify the issue, however i've escalated your ticket to our 2nd tier supporters so that further checks can be made on your duplicator package to see what is happening in your case.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Umberto,

Our 2nd tier supporters had a look at the issue and can confirm that it was a problem with the migration.

However here is how to resolve it.
1. Activate the latest version of types 3.4.1
2. Go to your database for wordpress and go to the wp_options table
3. Search for option name "toolset_relationship_db_layer"
4. Under "toolset_relationship_db_layer" you will see "version2_fallback"
5. Change this to "version1"
6. Go To Toolset -> Relationships and wait for the relationships to load.

Once you've done this you can then go back and check on your posts to see if they now start to show up.

Thanks,
Shane.

Thanks for the trick.

Should I do this everytime I update Toolset in the future?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Umberto,

No you won't need to do this each time. It seems to be a one off issue but this should fix it going forward.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.