Skip Navigation

[Resolved] No data in parent field in child form

This support ticket is created 3 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by himanshuS 3 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
Issue2.png
Issue1.png

I am probably missing something here but it is very strange that the parent field in child post form does not show any value!
I have the relationship O2M relationship between "project prompt" and "project submission". The "project submission" page does not show any values in the relationship field to select.

I have 5 CPTs and they are interconnected with one another. This issue is happening at every child post publish form.

What am I missing here? The whole project is stalled because of this fundamental issue. Please help.

If it helps, I am also getting the following error when I try to preview the page:
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Argument 1 passed to OTGS\Toolset\Access\Controllers\Filters\ErrorPreview::filter_posts_results() must be of the type array, null given, called in /wordpress/core/5.6/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 287
in /srv/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/types-access/application/controllers/filters/post_preview.php on line 113

Call stack:

OTGS\T\A\C\F\ErrorPreview::filter_posts_results()
wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php:287
WP_Hook::apply_filters()
wp-includes/plugin.php:255
apply_filters_ref_array()
wp-includes/class-wp-query.php:3045
WP_Query::get_posts()
wp-includes/class-wp-query.php:3448
WP_Query::query()
wp-includes/class-wp.php:624
WP::query_posts()
wp-includes/class-wp.php:747
WP::main()
wp-includes/functions.php:1291
wp()
wp-blog-header.php:16
require()
index.php:17

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

Can you please make sure that:

1. A "project prompt" post exists with the published status, which can be connected to the "project submission" post.

2. The user that you're testing the form is allowed access to the "project prompt" posts.

In case the issue still persists, I'll need to see exactly how this form and the CPT access is set up on your website, in order to investigate and reproduce this issue on a test website. You can share the temporary admin login details along with the example page where this form can be seen.

Note: Your next reply will be private and please make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

1. A "project prompt" post exists with the published status, which can be connected to the "project submission" post.
Yes

2. The user that you're testing the form is allowed access to the "project prompt" posts.
Yes

The Page I am referring to is the "project submissions" page: hidden link

You will see a drop down for "Project Prompt To Project Submission" but with no data.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thank you for sharing these details.

When I checked the "Submit Project" page, I could see the available "Project Prompts" posts in the form's "Project Prompts To Project Submissions" field.
( screenshot: hidden link )

Can you please check the form again and see if the issue still persists and if it is limited to a particular user?

Waqar,
The problem was more persistent before but now it happens only on first rendering of the page. The fields don't load the first time but when I refresh the page, the dropdown changes format and shows the data. I had the layout plugin enabled and once I removed it all worked well.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.