Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Next and Previous custom links for CPT is not working as expected

This support ticket is created 4 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 24 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Cesar 4 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Site is live again, I've been hit by a tedious bot and I shut it down to save my server resources.
Please let me know if you stop needing it again
Best

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Cesar,

I think its an issue with the posts themselves.

Try remaking the ones that are not showing up as i've created a couple new posts on the test site and they show up in the pagination.
hidden link

Keep navigating until you see test and test 2

Thanks,
Shane

Good to know that new posts will work but the issue is with current post not showing
I updated the post, even deleted and restore them all an the issue is the same, the do not show in pagination
Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Hi Cesar,

Odd as i've recreated 2 of your posts and they are both showing up now.

This one
hidden link

And

This one
hidden link

Thanks,
Shane

What do you mean with "recreated"?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Cesar,

What I meant is that I went to "Add New Post" and just copied the information from the post that wasn't showing up in the pagination and it worked.

Thanks,
Shane

I see but this is not a solution to my problem I would have to recreate more than 100 post and does not give me any clue to solve the issue

Shane
Supporter

Hi Cesar,

It seems the issue even occurs when using the default wordpress pagination functions that is normally used in themes.

Right now i'm testing it with the default posts to see what happens.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Cesar,

So for the default posts it works fine.

I've even tried to delete the cpt and the posts and reimporting them. The is definitely the posts themselves because if new posts show up and if I re-create the existing ones they show as well.

Right now the best workaround I can think of is to duplicate the posts that are not working into a new post. I've installed the duplicate post plugin on your test site and once I hit "Clone" the clone showed up in the pagination.

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks Shane,
This sound like a really good workaround. I really appreciate it.

I made my own research and I would like to share with you my conclusions

I use the toolset recommended plugin for importing my post:
https://toolset.com/2018/11/integrations-toolset-ultimate-csv-importer/

I've made 3 website using this method and all have the same issue so I guess the problem is the plugin itself
I already contacted the plugin support and have to make some more testing with the new beta version to find out if the issue is solve

Thanks again for your time and patience.

Please let me leave the ticket open until I finish my testings. This may be useful for other users I guess

Best

Shane
Supporter

Hi Cesar,

Thank you for sharing.

Definitely your ticket will remain open, just post an update as soon as you can on this.

Also thank you for sharing.

Looking forward to hearing your updates.

Thanks,
Shane

The plugin Ultimate CSV Importer Pro is aware of the issue and they will solve it in the next update. They did the same in the past for a different issue so I guess this will be solved soon.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.