Skip Navigation

[Resolved] news carousel

This support ticket is created 5 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by MerleV713 5 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Dear,
I am trying to create something like this:
hidden link

Any suggestions how I am able to create something like this? with my featured posts?

Best regards

Hello, there's nothing exactly like this built-in to Views, but you can use Views to create a slider:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/creating-sliders-with-types-and-views/

The main difference is that this carousel also has a vertical menu showing the titles. This isn't something you can achieve easily in a Slider View. You would have to use custom code to make it work (it doesn't work very well in this carousel, the correct post isn't highlighted).

Dear Christian,

Thanks. I know that it is possible to create a slider, but I prefer to create something like this...
Do you have maybe code suggestions? That I can try?
(Because, you also told me that it was not possible to create hiding tabs, and that I had to create a suggestion for the front end developer to implement in a future release, but I solute it myself...)

Best regards

Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 1.58.51 PM.png

Do you have maybe code suggestions? That I can try?
The example link you provided has the required code written for you, so I'm not sure what you're asking about. Click the "HTML" tab to see the HTML code, click the "CSS" tab to see the CSS, and the "JS" tab to see the JavaScript. I see two loops in the HTML: one for the slides and another for the titles. So you'll need to create two Views to handle both of those loops. You'll have to hook up the JavaScript and CSS to work on your site. You'll also have to write a custom shortcode to output the numeric index of each item in the loop - data-slide-to="0". Do you have a specific question, something related to Toolset?

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.