Skip Navigation

[Resolved] New Toolset has broken Layouts

This support ticket is created 7 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 10:00 - - - - -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices.

Last updated by juan-luisM 7 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Mohammed.

Author
Screen Shot 2016-04-12 at 12.33.16 PM.png

I've just updated to the new Toolset - and Layouts is broken. I can create a new layout, and the front end display is working, but I can't open any existing layouts, including one I've just created (and old ones).

One big spinning beach ball!

And before you ask, I've disabled all plugins - no difference, then reinstalled all Toolset plugins, no difference. Was running Starter theme, but I've put the site on WordPress default themes, no difference etc.

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hello Ian,

Welcome to the Toolset support forum.

Thank you for trying all those necessary procedures in advance before contcting us.

It looks like this maybe a JS issue.
Could you please check your browser console and share with me any JS errors if there are any.
In case that you need it here are the instructions for Chrome.
Menu=>More tools=>Developers tools=>Console

If you can not see any errors in the console, I would like to ask to share with me your site credentials.

If you agree, I would need a temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

If you prefer to do it on your own, you can provide me with the snapshot of your website following these directions:
If you already know how Duplicator works (http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/), please skip the following steps and just send me the installer file and the zipped package you downloaded.
Duplicator instructions
- From WordPress plugin page, look for “Duplicator” and install it.
- Once installed, you get a new item in the main menu “Duplicator.”
- Chose “Packages.”
- Click on the first button you find in the toolbar on the right (“Create Package”)
- Give it a name or leave it as is
- Click on “Create Package Set.”
- Wait until the package is ready
- Click on “Installer”, then on “Package”: the first one is just a PHP script, the second one is a zip file containing everything you need
- Send me both files (you probably want to use DropBox, Google Drive, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big).

IMPORTANT: remember to create or keep an admin account for me before creating the snapshot, or I won’t be able to log in.
You may delete the new admin account once the snapshot has been built.

Once the problem is resolved, I will delete the local site.

IMPORTANT: Be sure to take a complete backup of your site and database first before you proceed!

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support:
https://toolset.com/home/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thanks,
Itamar.

toolset layouts problem wordpress 4.5.png

Itamar I Can Confirm this is true, I have just logged in here to create my own thread but see its happening here too, I have done some testing for you if this helps, at first I thought it was the toolset update but it seems after a full deletion of my website and reinstalling a backup and database backup then testing this again that it is the new wordpress 4.5 update that causes the problem, this is an urgent matter as compatability is broken with layouts for wordpress 4.5.

The layouts still work and allow the creation of new ones but once the layout has been saved you cannot go to the layouts section and see the all of your layouts anymore, you can however edit them from a page etc but this is still not good at all.

also I have tested this on the previous plugin versions prior to the toolset updates just released and the moment you upgrade to wordpress 4.5 is when the layouts dissapear.

I will provide a screen shot of the layouts dissapearing on toolset version.1.9 versions below to show you that this happens on old and your newest 2.0 versions too.

I am using your customizr theme integration plugin, I don't know if Ian Henderson is using this too?

These are the errors from google chrome error console you asked for

load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,underscore,backbone,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui…:9 JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.0
Layout.js:166 Cannot read property 'prototype' of undefined TypeError: Cannot read property 'prototype' of undefined(…)DDLayout.models.cells.Layout.DDLayout.models.abstract.Element.extend.parse @ Layout.js:166
Layout.js:444 Uncaught TypeError: rows.get_max_id is not a function

Hello Lan,

I’m Mohammed Toolset support second tier and I have been escalated to this thread. I’ll give my best to help you to achieve your needs through Toolset components.

As you know, this is an urgent issue that we want to solve as soon as possible.

We tried to replicate the issue on existent and fresh WordPress installation but we couldn't.

To be able to debug the problem I’d like to replicate your site locally. For this you'll need to temporarily install a plugin called "Duplicator" on your site. This will allow you to create a copy of your site and your content. You can provide me with the snapshot following these directions:
If you already know how Duplicator works ( http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/ ), please skip the following steps and just send me the installer file and the zipped package you downloaded.

:: Duplicator instructions
. From WordPress plugin page, look for "Duplicator" and install it
. Once installed, you get a new main menu "Duplicator"
. Chose "Packages"
. Click on the first button you find in the toolbar on the right ("Create Package")
. Give it a name or leave it as is
**You can ignore the uploads directory , cache and the archives
. Click on "Create Package Set"
. Wait until the package is ready
. Click on "Installer", then on "Package": the first one is just a php script, the second one is a zip file containing everything you need
. Send me both files (you probably want to use DropBox, Google Drive, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big , you can also exclude the images if the file is very big )
IMPORTANT: remember to create or keep an admin account for me before creating the snapshot, or I won't be able to log-in. You may delete the new admin account once the snapshot has been built.

I will set the next reply as a private reply so you will able to provide a link to download the duplicator package.

Thanks and Best Regards

Hi Lan,

Thank you very much for providing this package, it's simple as you mentioned.

We are working on the issue and I will get back to you once we figure out anything.

Thanks.

Hi Lan,

I've updated Layouts to the latest version 1.6 and WordPress to 4.5 on your installation and everything went well.

Please make sure that you've the latest versions of Toolset plugins and WordPress?

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2016-04-18 at 8.04.57 PM.png

Hi Mohammed

Well, I've just updated the same site I gave you, live on the web, and all my layouts are missing in the admin. This is with all plugins deactivated except Toolset, and running your Toolset Starter theme...

All is not well. This is exactly the problem I was describing - and I've had the same behaviour on live servers and offline on Mamp development server, on a number of sites. Please send me a secure form to give you backend access...

Thanks

Hi Lan,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, please provide me an access to your admin and FTP files to check the issue on your website.

I will set the next reply as private one so that you can provide your data securely.

Thanks.

Bildschirmfoto 2016-04-19 um 19.20.34.png

I apologize to hijack this Thread, but this might be a OS / Browser issue.

I checked the site you provided and as expected, I see the Layouts (4 published currently)

Please read this Thread below and let us know OS and Browser.
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/ive-updated-wp-types-and-wp4-5-and-now-my-layouts-dont-appear-in-the-backend/

This is not a issue that is replicable on every OS and Browser (it even seems to depend on the version!)

Thank you for your patience and kind cooperation.

Hi Lan,

It's working well on my end as well.

Please check the attached screenshot.

I'm using windows 10 chrome Version 50.0.2661.75 m

Thanks.

Hmm, interesting find if it is infact browser or operating system dependant beda, this may explain why the issue disappeared for me the other day, I may of been using a different browser when I logged into my website, I don't have time to test this right now but I sure will test all my browsers to look for the issue again, I use 5 different browsers that I have installed for testing my websites so will go through them all later beda.

Hi - yes, I've checked and it's working on Chrome and Firefox. Isn't working on Safari 9.1 (latest) on Mac 10.11.4 (latest).

Where is debug info on the new Toolset? Can't find it...

I saw that, but that isn't the same as the system debug info you request on your help system, is it? That's debug for an individual page.

Hi Lan,

I'm sorry, I misunderstood your question.

We've disabled the debug info for the current release and we will add it again.

Thanks.

Captura de pantalla 2018-08-11 a las 14.02.23.png

In order to see this on safari I delete display:none

UFF.... I almost went crazy, thank goodness it's going well in chrome.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.