Skip Navigation

[Resolved] New Blocks Responsive update – minor issues

This support ticket is created 4 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by martinE-4 4 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I love the new responsive feature in Blocks today. Just trying to help by going over it and found a few minor issues:
1. Heading Block - you can't change the Heading tag (H1, H2 etc) - that may be by design
Single Field Block:
2. for Style (B, I, U) that if I set Desktop to U-underline, I can’t turn it off for Tablet or Mobile (if it is activated on Desktop).
3. can’t enter values for Font Weight?
4. Font Size allows changes by device but the Size eg. Small doesn’t change just the pixel size is changed (so it works but just doesn’t update the Textual size descriptor between devices)

Minor issues. Really appreciate all the hard work behind the scenes!!

heading.JPG

Hello,

Q1) Heading Block,
How do you setup the "Heading Block"? How do you want to change the "Heading Block"?
I have tried it in my localhost in a fresh WordPress installation + the latest version of Toolset plugins, I can change the option "Heading Settings" without any problem. See screenshot heading.JPG

Q2) ~ Q4) Which Toolset block are we talking about? please provide detail steps to duplicate the same problem, thanks

Yes using the Toolset Heading block which is fine like your picture but you can't have H2 for desktop and H3 for tablet etc because there are no mobile settings above it. You can change the settings but if you go back to check you see that they do not 'stick' or hold the settings for H2 or H3 or H4 etc. The options do not 'stick' when you go to mobile from tablet and so on. I've tried and it won't hold settings for those H tags. Works for the other settings though (like size, color, style except where I noted).

Maybe it is just designed that way?

Thanks for the details, the Toolset Heading block is evolved from WordPress built-in Heading block, you can test it with WordPress built-in Heading block, there is the same issue as you mentioned above. So you are right, it is just designed that way.

Yes, I understand now that the SEO is better if the H tags are not changed. However, there still remain the other minor issues with Q2 - 4 (Single field block). Please pass on to devs with my thanks when you reproduce it too.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.