Skip Navigation

[Resolved] new access control

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Toolset Access 2.0 queries

Solution:
With Toolset Access 2.0 version we just changed how we present the data, but we do not change the mechanism how data is stored and applied. You can read more about on the following link:
https://toolset.com/version/access-2-0/

You can know more about how Toolset access settings with the following link:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/new-access-control/#post-384907

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/#access

This support ticket is created 8 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by eliseD-2 8 years ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I just updated to the new versions of all the Toolset components - and I have a question about the new page for setting ACCESS permissions.

If I have a CRED form that allows front-end users to create and edit posts for a CPT, I used to be able to set the permissions in one place for creating, editing, deleting, etc.

In the new interface, I see that in one tab (Post Types) I can set permissions for read, publish, edit, delete, etc.

But there is also a tab for CUSTOM FIELDS where I can set to View and/or Edit custom fields in edit mode.

So just to be clear: if I want a front-end user to be able to edit their post, and it contains custom fields - do I need to set the permissions in BOTH tabs?

Meaning for the CPT itself, I would set it so that the front-end user can publish. But then do I ALSO need to go to the Custom Fields tab and set the particular set of custom fields for that CTP to View and Edit those custom fields?

That seems weird to me ... because it seems it is saying that if I grant permission to edit a post type - when the user is doing that editing, they wouldn't also automatically be able to edit the custom fields assigned to that post type.

Is that what it means?

Elise

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

With the Toolset Access version we just changed how we present the data, but we do not change the mechanism how data is stored and applied.

- The post type settings in Access are general rules for creating, editing and deleting.
- The CRED forms settings in Access let you control the create, edit and delete from CRED things in the frontend.
- The custom field settings in Acess apply just for backend editing.

Normally, if you grant access to someone to edit a post using a CRED form in the frontend, and the form contains custom fields, that user can save those fields too.

If you find any abnormal behaviour kindly create a new ticket and report us.

Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.