Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Nesting content templates

This support ticket is created 4 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Franco Calcagni 4 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Is it possible to racell a content template within another content template? FOr example we place some footer content in a content template and then recall that specific content template within the content template we created for pages or posts or custom posts so to allow us to change once the content of the footer and have automatically updated the content templates where that content is nested

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Franco,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

Yes, it is possible to nest or call one content template, from another one, using either the "Fields and Views" button in the editor or by placing the "wpv-post-body" shortcode directly.
( ref: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-shortcodes/#wpv-post-body )

Example:

[wpv-post-body view_template="slug-of-the-content-template" suppress_filters="true"]

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.