Skip Navigation

[Closed] Nested views that query relationship not post type

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I have a post type 'C&R Monitor' for a publication that contains 'Analyses' (articles) by 'Authors'. The Analysis post type is a child of C&R Monitor and Authors are children of Analyses (n Analysis article can have multiple authors). I have a view that queries 'Analyses' posts that are children of a 'C&R Monitor' post, with a nested view to show authors of the Analysis post. So far so good, all works perfectly.

However, the Analyses must be displayed in the correct order. So I have used a numerical sort order field on the C&R Monitor-Analysis relationship to order the Analyses: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/ordering-posts-in-a-relationship-with-another-post/

I have then created a view that queries the Analyses based on the relationship, and uses the numerical sort order field to order the results. Now the problem comes in - if I have a nested view showing authors, the correct argument is not passed to that view, because the post in the loop is not the Analysis post, but the relationship between C&R Monitor and Analysis. In the primary view, for instance, the post titles are returned: [wpv-post-link item="@cr-monitor-analysis.child"]

Is there a way around this - in my primary view to pass the argument of which post is in the loop to the nested secondary view that shows the authors of the post based on that relationship?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I will require to review your current structure and after that I will be in better position to guide you in the right direction.

Can you please share problem URL and send me information about your expected output as a test case example for any single post.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

The topic ‘[Closed] Nested views that query relationship not post type’ is closed to new replies.