Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Add a Select DropDown Search Input in a View

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
How can we have the Search inputs of a View (let's say the search inputs for a custom field in a View) to look and behave like DropDowns (Select Inputs)?
So we can see all options to search by in a dropdown, choose one, and submit the search

Solution:
You can do this in the Block Inspector of the View search as shown here https://toolset.com/forums/topic/need-view-search-of-custom-field-to-be-a-dropdown/#post-1581905

This support ticket is created 4 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by willM-4 4 years ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

Hello

hidden link

I created custom fields for my post type. But when adding them as a search I would like them to be a dropdown instead of a plainbox. I dont see an option anywhere in the builder. How can I fix that?

If you need credentials You have on my first ticket

Bildschirmfoto 2020-04-11 um 15.15.51.png

You can do this when adding the custom search for the field
There, if you use Blocks Editor, in the Blocks Inspector you can change the "Type" of the Search input from as defined in types until Select, radio or Multiselect even

Let me know if this helps!

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.